Not a Pre-Health Major-Looking into getting into Med School-Lots Of Questions!

Dark Nebula

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am currently in my second year of a Non Pre-Health Major. Long Story short, I always wanted to become a doctor ,though i had other options in mind. When i graduated from high school, i started studying Biomedical engineering for 3 semesters, then I found the load heavy and switched my major to environmental design and architecture. architecture was my second option. i am currently in my second year but i keep thinking what really made me change my mind!? I have lots of interest in science and medicine field, and i also have a very creative side for creating, building and crafting. hence why i am in the design field. recently i have been thinking, perhaps i can finish my undergrad and take the pre reqs for medical school abroad and do my MCAT eventually. although this all sounds planned out, i am very confused, i don't know if i'm doing the right thing?! i really need some good insight. as a student i feel like i will be better off and more independent if i get into the medical field. although, i have many connections in architectural field as well, i am not sure which one would be better for me. the more i think about it, the more stressed i get, because i feel like i still am not sure which one o prefer. i love what i study now, but something keeps making me think, if i don't go to medical school, i will regret it for the rest of my life, since that was initially what i wanted to do with my life. i still haven't reached my moment of clarity, though , i still have 2 more years left to decide. i will be grateful if i could get some insight on making my decision.( feel free to ask any questions for more background information)

Members don't see this ad.