Not able to sign up for the MCAT? You're not alone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

summer_wine

_

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm writing this as a way to speak to other people who may have had difficulty signing up for the MCAT exam for the year of 2018. And to let you know it is at no fault of your own...

I won't get too much into detail about my experience, but I do want to notify future applicants that AAMC recently changed the test administrator to Pearson Vue. I sense there is a drastic miscommunication between the two companies as AAMC is not aware that Pearson Vue is only offering tests in 2 centers in the Toronto region (1 in Hamilton) despite having 10 listed on the website.

Approximately 7/10 are not up and running, and so when you look at the available appointments it says none available. When I spoke to AAMC, they said those say none available because I missed my opportunity, but I did not accept that as an answer given the circumstances. Pearson vue confirmed those "TBD" (to be determined) locations will offer tests in April onwards. LEAVING ONLY 2 CENTERS FOR THE ENTIRE TORONTO REGION. How is this something that is happening yet AAMC is not aware?

I want to know if there is anyone else out there in Toronto or maybe other regions with similar problems?
When is the next available toronto date?

None as far as I have checked, unless a student/applicant cancels their appointment. Are you a Toronto resident wanting to do the MCAT?
I'm a med student.....I'm asking you when the next available date actually is....are you claiming there isn't one in toronto for the entirety of 2018? Where is the next closest location that has one in 2018?

Just double checked as of 5 minutes ago a spot opened up in 1 of 2 Toronto locations one day in January. Other than that, all the way until April there is only 1 place and day you can do the test and that is in a distant city.

I was told by Pearson the new test centres will open in April so they claim many more will be open then, but the construction should have been done before the 2018 testing year so there can be more than just 2 centres in Toronto in January/March.

While I understand there is not much that can be done in terms of construction anymore, it would be nice to specify online that there is not actually 10 test centres that just appear to be booked up. They never offered appointments for majority of them and that left me thinking how on earth can so many centres for multiple dates be booked so soon in just Toronto (I understand it happens sometimes though). And then for actual representatives to be adamant those places all did offer appointments if only caught early enough...which I now know are under construction and did not. I brought this to their attention and hope at least misleading information will be corrected on the registration website.
you seem pretty amped about not finding dates in 1 city for about 60 days.....that's not really that crazy

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I've been checking back basically every week since 10/18 to see whether or not more locations are opening up near me, to no end.