Not accepted yet - Fin Aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are those of you that are still waiting for decisions applying for financial aid right now? It feels kind of premature to me right now but I know that there's no harm in it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Apparition said:
Are those of you that are still waiting for decisions applying for financial aid right now? It feels kind of premature to me right now but I know that there's no harm in it. Thanks.

I'm in the same situation that you are. Waitlists, but no acceptances yet. I agree that there is no harm in doing it. I'd say, if you have your taxes done or if you can estimate the numbers, send your FAFSA and then send it the actual numbers when you file your taxes.

I'd say fill it out now so that it can be processed and all that jazz. That way when u get pulled off the waitlist, they already have all of your info!

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Plus, it will make those med schools know you are still interested enough in their institution to actually file a FAFSA without an acceptance.

I put down every school that I was on the waitlist for, acceptance for, or hadn't been rejected from yet.

For undergraduate school, I know their deadline to submit their FAFSA is March 2nd, but does anyone know what the deadline is for the med schools? Is it the same??