1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Not asking questions on an interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by SuzyQ, Nov 17, 2002.

1. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ok....I waswondering if its a horrible thing when interviewers ask if you have any questions and you cant think of any so you say....no, the admissions coordinator answered all of my questions on the tour. I honestly could not think of a question to ask because I was so nervous....is this goign to give me an automatic rejection letter because it shows lack of interest in the program??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DoctorDoogie4

DoctorDoogie4 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Don't worry SuzyQ. If you did well in your interview, then asking questions should have no bearing in their desicion to accept you. I have been always told the interview is to sell yourself and show devotion to the school. By showing devotion, just be elated at the fact you are tehre and receiving the opportunity. Many times I have said "Thanks for letting me be associated with just a great tradition and program at" such and such school. I hope this helps. Where did you interview at?

4. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

Didn't ask a question?

Better start applying to law school! :)

Just kidding. Don't sweat it. If they like you, not asking questions isn't going to keep you from being accepted.

5. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    suzy : thats my biggest fear if I get an interview.

6. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
    7+ Year Member

I'm thinking that if you are nervous during an interview and can't think of anything to ask........you can always say:

"yes I have one question.... where is the bathroom, because I think I'm going to throw-up?!" :D

in seriousness......i don't think it's horrible that you didn't ask a question. But next time....you can always ask questions about clinical rotations. Can you do electives at other hospitals, etc...?