Not completing (doing) the exam and cancelling it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shunnar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG who is studying for the step 1 these days and doing it most probably in mid-october....I had concerns about the abulity to cancel my exam or not doing it if any stressful circumstances happen, and basicy my concerns about the following 3 things:

1- if I schedule it for example on 15 october on prometric, and then 3 days before that I realize I am not ready, can I reschedule the exam easily, and delay it for one month for example? And is that reported in my ECFMG certification?

2- what if I schedule it and ready for it, but then a major stressul event happens (e.g. death of a member of the family), and I don't go to the exam. Can I reschedule it then or not?

3- most important question: if I enter the exam and start solving questions, and then I find out I am doing horrible, can I just leave the exam without completing or submitting the exam? And is it considered as a 1st attempt? Or I can just schedule it again as a 1st attempt? And is that reported in my certification?

Members don't see this ad.

:rofl:

You should email them. Misinformation can be dangerous.

Afterward, cut and paste the response here please.

Scruffy_Futurama.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
All these answers are in the scheduling permit and ECFMG website. All it takes is Google.
I tried finding them but could not....I am not that good in searching for information on websites.....can you please link me the answers on their websites?

Do a few NBME's. If you're nowhere close to where you want to be, then pay the fee, postpone and prepare more seriously.

Yeah you can call them (prometric) and delay it but you'll have to pay a fee. You may also have some difficulty finding a proper slot if its a busy month.