Not enough space on significant research essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhysicianScientist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary to describe ALL research projects in the significant research essay? I have 5 total projects I worked on (all from one lab) but I already reached the character limit describing four of the projects. Is it okay to not mention the last project? It will still be listed as a publication in the work/activities section but just not described in the sig research essay. Any advice appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Be more concise.

All I did for each project was:
-described the hypothesis
-described the experiments and conclusion reached from the experiments
-described the significance of the work

and for my contributions I just included a sentence at the end of each project description saying that I designed and performed the experiments and presented and discussed the data. I don't know which part of this I should shorten :nailbiting::(

Members don't see this ad :)
All I did for each project was:
-described the hypothesis
-described the experiments and conclusion reached from the experiments
-described the significance of the work

and for my contributions I just included a sentence at the end of each project description saying that I designed and performed the experiments and presented and discussed the data. I don't know which part of this I should shorten :nailbiting::(
You can cuts bits of everything. Ask a post doc/ PI to shorten one the project descriptions, then you do the same for the rest.