BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Looks guys, be patient. I think AMCAS is almost at its peak session. There are probably thousands and thousands of apps in line waiting to be verified. Be patient.

Mattabet

Doctor Thunder
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Somewhere in SE Wisconsin
Status
Medical Student
It's times/posts like this that make me wonder if I should quit and start up a competing application service (MATTCAS). It costs $2000 for 12 applications, and I'd guarantee one business week turnaround if your information is correct. I'll bet it'd be profitable.

Sadly, the free market has no place in medical school admissions.

mcattitude

10+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Good to hear there are others. I submitted on July 2nd.

There's lots we can be doing. It's a long process. No worries.

OP
W
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
for those of you still waiting to get verified, have you been submitting any secondaries? I have some secondaries filled out and ready to go but I'm not sure if i should submit seeing how my primary isn't in yet...

mcattitude

10+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey, sorry to do this but this thread prompted me to check again and I've been verified.

OP
W
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey, sorry to do this but this thread prompted me to check again and I've been verified.

i bet you did that on purpose you bastard, lol. j/k. Congratulations.

The other thing about I hate about it is that the bloody website does not let you with using Firefox 3.5!! OR IE8. I have to change my user agent everytime i go on that site

dbrokut

Removed
Jul 24, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
The other thing about I hate about it is that the bloody website does not let you with using Firefox 3.5!! OR IE8. I have to change my user agent everytime i go on that site
Me too. Though mine works with IE8, I hate using it. I'm mostly Mozilla and Chrome guy and AMCAS doesn't work with any of'em which makes me really angry.

MDtobe31311

Class of 2014!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
It's times/posts like this that make me wonder if I should quit and start up a competing application service (MATTCAS). It costs $2000 for 12 applications, and I'd guarantee one business week turnaround if your information is correct. I'll bet it'd be profitable.

Sadly, the free market has no place in medical school admissions.
Would you please?