Not going to class and bitter classmates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FernandoV

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am one those people who just doesn't get anything out of going to class. Sometimes, it is actually detrimental to my performance in school and by going to class everyday, I get less done outside of class and end up doing worse on exams. That being said, I RARELY attend lecture.
I was just wondering if any of you other non-classgoers have experienced the same "bitterness" I have noticed from some of my class-going classmates. It seems that whenever I see or talk to certain avid class-goers, they are like "Do you EVER go to class?" or "How come you I NEVER see you in class?". Also, when I do go (which is rare) it's like "Oh, funny to see YOU here". It definitely doesn't just seem like they are making an observation. In fact, all of this comes with a certain air of contempt towards me as if I am doing something bad or I should be ashamed for not attending (even after explaining to them my reasons behind it).​

I don't know, maybe I am imagining things, but I don't think I am. I was just wondering if I wasn't alone on this. Have any of you non-classgoers experienced the same thing???​

Members don't see this ad.

I actually do go to class most of the time, but a large percentage of our class are home-schoolers. For some classes there are often more absent than present. I don't think there is any sort of bad blood between the two, people just do whatever works best for them. Sounds like you've just got some creeps in your class - I would just ignore them, then kick their butt on the exams! :D

FernandoV said:
I am one those people who just doesn't get anything out of going to class. Sometimes, it is actually detrimental to my performance in school and by going to class everyday, I get less done outside of class and end up doing worse on exams. That being said, I RARELY attend lecture.
I was just wondering if any of you other non-classgoers have experienced the same "bitterness" I have noticed from some of my class-going classmates. It seems that whenever I see or talk to certain avid class-goers, they are like "Do you EVER go to class?" or "How come you I NEVER see you in class?". Also, when I do go (which is rare) it's like "Oh, funny to see YOU here". It definitely doesn't just seem like they are making an observation. In fact, all of this comes with a certain air of contempt towards me as if I am doing something bad or I should be ashamed for not attending (even after explaining to them my reasons behind it).​

I don't know, maybe I am imagining things, but I don't think I am. I was just wondering if I wasn't alone on this. Have any of you non-classgoers experienced the same thing???​

No it's just ribbing. I guess each group sees their way as better way. I wouldnt' worry about it. But if it annoys you to the point where you don't wanna take it. Just put them in their place. I mean going to class doesn't mean you are gonna do better, quite contrary. Especially if you don't pay good attention in class there is no point in going. Really doing well is all about strategy, and if I can study pertinent material little better I'll skip class. The faster you get over feeling guilty about it, the better. I still think that its very useful to watch class, if you don't understand the matter to well, or if teacher is known to say stuff not in lecture notes. Otherwise, you are better off just studying solo. I tend to go to class to break the monontony of everyday studying, but not consistently. I haven't noticed it with myself, but I ve seen it happen, like wou is that a ghost I am seeing or "You actually came to class today, is it snowing outside?.d

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. I got that a lot. "What are you doing here?" But I don't think they are being contemptuous. They're just trying to make small talk.

the people who look down on homeschoolers will eventually understand why people skip class. a greater %age of people tend to skip class towards the last half of 2nd year.

ppl just learn differently. for me, personally, i got better grades after going to class and at least hearing the material once. but to each his own.

what does bother me, though, is the fact that if you choose not to come to class you should forgo whatever happened during class. i hate when ppl ask, "oh so what happened in class? anything important to know? can i copy your notes?" blah blah. if you are so interested you should come to class in the first place.

I am joining the ranks of the home schoolers and I feel better for it. I just couldn't take the anxiety and the social stress of classroom on top of the time suck of the lectures. The way I figure it, one hour of lecture actually requires two other hours. Like this: yesterday, I wanted to check out a lecture by a doc I like. Hmmm ... if I want to get to the ten o'clock class that means dressing/shower etc by nine to catch the bus by 9:30. Getting home, the same thing. So, one hour actually = three hours, by my math. :D

I just stayed home and was way more relaxed. It is all about strategy and as for classmate comments, I am getting better at ignoring the weird sh%t. And, by staying away from the compression of class dynamics, when I actually do see people I feel way more breezy and lite. I just don't give flap.

Some of my classmates tell me they want to skip too, but feel too insecure to do it. maybe, that's something that your classmates struggle with too. Hence the snippy comments.

FernandoV said:

yes, i have noticed a few people like this. i think they are jealous that you don't have to go to class to do well. they are stuck going, while you sit at home. However, if these people would only realize how much time is saved by skipping, then they would understand........ so many studies have shown that for the majority of people lecture is one of the worst ways of learning material. Interactice/Proactive (i.e. self studying rather than passive listening) is far better.

I've definately experienced this. Most people are pretty cool about it and could care less. At the other extreme though I've actually had people get angry at me for not going. I mean are you kidding me. Its not anyones business but mine if I go to class or not. I always do better on my exams when I'm not going so I think there is some jealousy involved. I just choose to ignore it and let them get steamed. The ribbing does get old though even when its just in fun.

i started not going to class because i got sick in the middle of the second semester last year. during the third trimester i attended more class, but i didnt see an increase in my grades.

this year we have our regular 2nd year ampitheater and two overflow rooms for those who dont want to be pimped in class or just didnt make it early enough for prime seating.

at PCOM we have, much like other schools our lectures on MP3. Im more of a night owl myself, so i tend to study late into the night and then listen lectures if i found the pertinent from classmates via IM. If i enjoyed going to class i would go, but i enjoy my office, my PC, my music on when I want it to be, and the company of my cats.

ill stop by school whenever i have meetings and the such or if i need to pick up scribe notes, but for the most part i am in my office just enjoying my time.

its really a personal preference, a slight downside is that class breaks and such are used as a social hour, so im pretty much a loner when it comes to socializing.

i too get the "do you still go here?" "hell must have frozen over" type responses. it can get old. i just need to develop a thicker skin. i figure i want to enjoy doing a routine my way until rotations and beyond when i will be forced to conform to a 9-5 lifestyle

The better question is... Why do you care? I rarely went to class. I have a ton of friends.. People who were sad not to see me?? Well thats why there is Fri and Sat night..

I haven't noticed any bitterness, but I get along pretty well with my classmates. I've even managed to convert a few people to the med school by mail route. The beauty of not going to class is that you get to set your own schedule and study what you are interested in. If you think about it, some people are definitely going to be bitter about that.

coastal said:
I haven't noticed any bitterness, but I get along pretty well with my classmates. I've even managed to convert a few people to the med school by mail route. The beauty of not going to class is that you get to set your own schedule and study what you are interested in. If you think about it, some people are definitely going to be bitter about that.

i've converted 2 people already! i swear- not going to class rocks. i don't even set an alarm on the days i don't have to go into school!

FernandoV said:

I did the same thing. People did resent me for it. I needed to do what was best for me though. I ended up killing all of them with a machine gun.Late at night sometimes I can still hear their screams.

Members don't see this ad :)
coastal said:

Dont you study what they tell you to study? If not you might get rocked on the test. I assume you made a mistake with that statement or I am misreading it.

FernandoV said:

No, you are not imagining things. I think it stems from the superstition that if you don't go to class, you are not "learning"-also it stems from jealousy on their behalf-who wouldn't want to sleep in, skip class, and still do well? I totally am with you-it took me a month and a half to work up the courage to not go to class, even though I knew it was not helping me and all it was doing was causing me to become sleep deprived. I also couldn't shake the feeling that I would be "missing something" or that I would fail. I was very nervous before my first test (after not going to class) but I actually did better. After that I promised myself if I failed a test I would attend class, but I have only done better. Also, I think I was afraid that if I didn't go to class, I wouldn't be self-disciplined enough to keep on top of things-but that hasn't been the case. In fact, when I went to class, I fell further behind than I do these days.

I don't think it has anything to do with jealousy or bitterness. I think it is simply the normal med-student anxiety that there might be a better way to study, and someone else might be doing it, and perhaps I should change my study strategy to do what they are doing, and then I might do better on exams.

I think it's really all about confidence that you are studying in whatever way is best for you.

Yeah when people give me crap about not coming to class I just ask them if they want to put up with me being all cranky and belligerent during lecture because I'm still half drunk from the night before, or would they just prefer I stay at home and sleep it off.

Today was my first day EVER of intentionally not going to class. I slept til around 9, went to the library and actually LEARNED the last two days of lecture material. A detailed course note packet, scribed class notes, mp3 recordings and text books = me actively learning at my own pace and not wasting any more of my precious time in classes that I don't have to be at.

Needless to say, this was one of the best days of school that I have had in a while..... I had time to go to the gym, wasn't sleep deprived, got myself up-to-date on all the information being taught and even had enough time to review info again at night for the second time that day. This is in opposition to struggling to wake up for an 8am lecture, wasting 4-8 hours a day in lecture, hopefully retaining a little bit of information from it, going home, drinking coffee bc I need the caffeine and actually learning the material while I try not to fall asleep.... (gotta love sentences w/ like 10 commas in them)...

Don't think I'm gonna be going to many more classes....

i haven't been to any class since the first couple weeks of school. anytime i go i have to rewatch the lecture anyway, because i miss so much stuff from talking/daydreaming/etc. i do miss people, though, when i don't go for a long time, so if we don't have at least 2 days in the week with something required, i like to go to school to watch my lectures so i can see people in a non-drunk setting. not going to class is ridiculously more efficient; i don't understand why anyone would go, except maybe to ask questions i guess. but there are only like 5 people that regularly ask questions, so really there should only be 5 people at school everyday. i have to say it does cause me to procastinate. sometimes i only do 5-10 hours of work for the whole week, and then on sunday (the last day we have to take our weekend quiz) i freak out and have to watch like 8 hours of lectures and study hard all day. but whatever, that's still only 20-25 hours of work for a whole week. med school is so much easier than undergrad... :p

I usually go to class half-70% of the time, because i can get lazy and not study for weeks otherwise-- to each his own. Plus class gives me a chance to talk to my friends in class, so that's a nice break

LauraMac said:
i haven't been to any class since the first couple weeks of school. anytime i go i have to rewatch the lecture anyway, because i miss so much stuff from talking/daydreaming/etc. i do miss people, though, when i don't go for a long time, so if we don't have at least 2 days in the week with something required, i like to go to school to watch my lectures so i can see people in a non-drunk setting. not going to class is ridiculously more efficient; i don't understand why anyone would go, except maybe to ask questions i guess. but there are only like 5 people that regularly ask questions, so really there should only be 5 people at school everyday. i have to say it does cause me to procastinate. sometimes i only do 5-10 hours of work for the whole week, and then on sunday (the last day we have to take our weekend quiz) i freak out and have to watch like 8 hours of lectures and study hard all day. but whatever, that's still only 20-25 hours of work for a whole week. med school is so much easier than undergrad... :p

Class is over-rated. The class-goers who make stupid comments are either just teasing you or have convinced themselves that their way is the "right" way and that you are a slacker. In the end, your grade is what matter so do what works for you and enjoy your free time.

putzeled said:
Yeah when people give me crap about not coming to class I just ask them if they want to put up with me being all cranky and belligerent during lecture because I'm still half drunk from the night before, or would they just prefer I stay at home and sleep it off.

Hmmmm...at my 'touch-feely' school, the classmates would be tempted to 'pull and intervention' on you! :laugh:

LauraMac said:

Wow, LauraMac. You just made me feel so much better and so much worse at the same time. Better because i also am a week behind from procrastination, and worse because I don't think medical school is easier than undergrad! :laugh:

I am really glad to see all these comments here because this is still really a new thing for me, but I love it! I found myself actually failing the first few weeks of our second year. Wha ... !? then I realized that the lecturer was really terrible and I was not getting anything out of the time spent watching her or reading her awful notes. I began to freak out until one day I just refused to go to school.

So, I bought a new, and better textbook and just stayed home with it and her notes. When I went to the small groups I found I did really well and was calm and relaxed. And I got to appreciate the fall and made a wax leaf sheet for my front window, and collected leaves and other sort of fun stuff. When I went to exams I felt more prepared and relaxed, and I began to feel more prepared for the boards coming up in June. Class is way too stressful compared to being able to sit at home in your pj's and being able to thoughtfully work through the material and work out clinical problems, etc. I do much better staying home and I like my classmates better for it too. :)

I skipped class and loved it. Sucks that u cant skip work in 3rd year. :scared:

I am bitter that you are bitter about people being bitter...

But on a serious note i find people don't care either way...i rarely go to class but no one seems to have a problem...they make comments but only as a joke man don't take it so seriously...

thewebthsp said:
I usually go to class half-70% of the time, because i can get lazy and not study for weeks otherwise-- to each his own. Plus class gives me a chance to talk to my friends in class, so that's a nice break
there is a specific person in my class thats apparently keeping tabs on my comming and going..so annoying!

when i miss a class they make it a point to remind me...i cured them by letting them know i am fully concious of where my dang body is and i dont need them saying " you wernt here yesterday!" to remind me i was not in the classroom at 3pm on day blah blah of blah.

enough said - mind your own business people...my ongoings are mine alone. amen.

PS:

there will be jealous weirdos everywhere in life...OP simma down and deal with them..with your fists baby!

Dont you study what they tell you to study? If not you might get rocked on the test. I assume you made a mistake with that statement or I am misreading it.

Should have clarified-I spend MORE time on what I'm interested in. I read over all the powerpoint notes, but that really doesn't take very long. When there is a topic I am interested in, because I've saved alot of time by not being in class, I can take the time to do some extra reading on it....or just go play basketball.

I am so excited that anatomy is over because I get to start Independent Study on Monday. At OSU, we can choose to do IP (Integrated Pathway) or ISP (Independent Study Pathway). I went into the year convinced that I was going to do IP. However, I soon realized that I was not getting enough out of lecture to make up for the time that I could have been studying on my own. This is not a knock on our anatomy section, because it really was awesome and the lecturers great.

I skipped a few lectures the last couple of weeks, and I would get some good-natured ribbing.

EctopicFetus said:
Actually, I dont think s/he made a mistake. Basically what it means is that you are given a syllabus at the beginning which will tell you exactly what each test will cover. And you have your textbooks, notes, scribes....whatever. So you set up a schedule where you make sure you cover all the neccessary materials and you go in to rock the test!

I have been doing that all block long, our first block of anatomy and histology just ended on friday, and I did pretty damn well following this system.

As far as I am concerned, lectures are a humongous waste of time, but I try not to advertise the fact that I ditch them all the time and still do well, that does tend to upset ppl.
Think about it. Going to lecture from 9 to sometime in midafternoon and then rereading the material (cuz who the hell actually remembers everything from lecture the first time?) and then getting ready for the next day of lectures.............it'll be sometime around 10 at night and you will want to shoot yourself.

On the other hand, getting up at 8, chilling for a bit and studying from 9 to 4 or 5 ON YOUR OWN and most importantly, studying what YOU feel like during that day and then having the rest of the day to yourself...............thats easy fo'sheezy..........

The most important lesson I have learned so far in med school - forget about what anyone else is doing. Just do what works for you and ignore the rest.

In my school the majority of people are class goers, so it was difficult to brake away from the pack at first, but once I did I became an instant convert. A guy in my small group stopped going to class and I noticed that he was always more on top of his stuff than all the other class-goers in my group. So I thought I'd try his way and I love it. Not only am I learning more efficiently but I am more relaxed in general. Something about not having to get up before the sunrise or stuyding in a comfy living room or coffee shop brings serenity to your life. Some people actually learn from lecture -- I would bet my house, though, that those people comprise the minority of the class-goers. When I ask most people if lecture helps them, the majority says it doesn't really but they go out of guilt. I don't get this. GUILT?? Get over it. We have lectures for 4 straight hours every day. I haven't checked on any studies but I bet a normal human being can not actively concentrate for four hours in a row in a dim hall, while learning about pathways with unpronounceable chemical names. So maybe that's why they're bitter -- they are sleep deprived, behind schedule and stuck in boring lectures out of guilt.

yposhelley said:
Wow, LauraMac. You just made me feel so much better and so much worse at the same time. Better because i also am a week behind from procrastination, and worse because I don't think medical school is easier than undergrad! :laugh:

if it makes you feel any better, my school is pass/fail, so all i have to do is get at least a 75%, which makes it a ton easier. also, i was an engineer in undergrad, so comparing it to that also makes it seem easy. :)

LauraMac said:
if it makes you feel any better, my school is pass/fail, so all i have to do is get at least a 75%, which makes it a ton easier. also, i was an engineer in undergrad, so comparing it to that also makes it seem easy. :)

Yeah, ours is pass fail too. I agree that the concepts are a ton easier-I haven't had to do any math that required a calculator, or anything remotely approaching calculus or physics...but there is just so much information that I have to study a lot more than I did in undergrad...especially before anatomy tests-just had the lecture exam this morning and will do the lab exam this afternoon, so I need to stop procrastinating... :laugh:

I just tell them the truth....... My grades are slightly better when going to class, but I'm too damn lazy.

I stopped attending lectures during second year. One day, when I attended class to hear a specific lecturer, one of my classmates -- a gunner -- asked me why I was skipping so much class. I jokingly replied that I was starting 3 or 4 research projects to boost my chances for residency. About a week later, I was in the registrar's office, and was informed that I was making the secretary's job more difficult than it already is.

"How's that?" I asked.

"Well since you told everyone that you are doing research, I've had six students in here wanting me to hook them up with doctors who are doing research!"

I go to as little lecture as possible because it's a complete waste of time for me and I definitely got tons of **** for it at the beginning. My school has mandatory attendance, so I was put on probation but it was worth it. Many of the students gave me crap (not good-natured) and view me as a bad student because of it even though my grades are among the highest.

One night at a bar a classmate actually got in my face and yelled at me for not going to class saying I was "disrespecting the whole class and administration by not going." I think medschool is just full of people that have always followed the rules and done what they're told, and they don't understand it when some of us don't do that.

mosche said:
I stopped attending lectures during second year. One day, when I attended class to hear a specific lecturer, one of my classmates -- a gunner -- asked me why I was skipping so much class. I jokingly replied that I was starting 3 or 4 research projects to boost my chances for residency. About a week later, I was in the registrar's office, and was informed that I was making the secretary's job more difficult than it already is.

"How's that?" I asked.

"Well since you told everyone that you are doing research, I've had six students in here wanting me to hook them up with doctors who are doing research!"

:thumbup: good one

Even in undergrad, I skipped quite a lot of lecture compared to most of my classmates...I almost failed out of a humanities class becaues I didn't go to enough classes and attendance was required! :eek: . I definitely got the "Where were you?!!" and "Are you still in our class?" comments a lot, but it didn't bother me because my good friends were still willing to lend me their notes, and I really do learn better on my own.

So for med school, I'm predicting the same thing will happen. It's a shame because I actually really enjoy lecture as a place where I can 1.) see my classmates and complain about class 2.) observe my profs' funny quirks and 3.) on the off-chance, learn something! Still, if it comes down to enjoying lecture vs. getting a better grade, then I'll take the grade!!

I'm wondering if it's wise not to go to a med school w/ a lot of PBL...attendance is required in those classes, right? So that rules out Cleveland Clinic (FOR SURE!), University of Rochester...any others?

(nicedream) said:
One night at a bar a classmate actually got in my face and yelled at me for not going to class saying I was "disrespecting the whole class and administration by not going." I think medschool is just full of people that have always followed the rules and done what they're told, and they don't understand it when some of us don't do that.

:thumbdown: That is ridiculous!!! Luckily, in undergrad our classes are pretty big and I arrived late all the time anyway, so even my close friends didn't realize how much class I skipped :D . If they did yell at me, I just claimed I was late a lot. Which is also technically true.
Unfortunately, I guess in med school, you'll be in with a much smaller group of people ,and they're probably all much more self-righteous

i'm not really a lecture goin' type of guy. in undergrad i went to very little class and it worked well for me. lecture is basically tourture for me and those in my vicinity... i'm talking, telling jokes, throwing paper airplanes, yada yada yada. there are some classes i go to becuase they are required or if i like the lecturer, but for the most part, i'm a lot better off staying home.

and actually a lot of people in our class skip, it's not a big deal. the administration is mostly cool about it, they say just go with what works. they also make it clear that there are some things (like patient panels) we're expected to be there for.

i actually started off the year going to most classes... but as the year is gone on i've gone to less and less and now i rarely go (maybe 25% of non-required lectures). and my grades are going up and up and up.

i think the only people who have a problem with are those who are jealous they aren't doing as well.

funshine said:
I'm wondering if it's wise not to go to a med school w/ a lot of PBL...attendance is required in those classes, right? So that rules out Cleveland Clinic (FOR SURE!), University of Rochester...any others?

In my PBL curriculum the "lectures" are all optional, and are very sporadic. We have "lectures" (they're called "resource sessions" here at SIU) scheduled for anywhere from 4 to 10 (max) hours in an average week. The resource sessions are not our primary learning tool-- in our PBL curriculum "self-directed" learning is primary, then group learning is secondary, and professors and lectures are tertiary--strictly supplemental (and optional). The only required attendance are 2-3 hrs Mon Weds and Fri to discull cases in small groups.

I can't (and won't) speak for other PBL schools, but that's how it is here at SIU, and I'm pretty sure that's how Creighton's "Case-Based" curriculum works as well. And since Harvard modeled their PBL from ours (despite what McMaster's proponents might tell you), they should operate the same.

I like my PBL curriculum, I just wonder that sometimes we have too much free time.

But my advice is free, so take it for what it's worth.

I've always been a class-goer myself, just because I think I learn best from hearing and writing down what a teacher is saying. But I respect that other people have other ways that they like to learn. And I sort of think that by the time you get in to med school, the competition should be mostly over--the point now is to learn so you can be the best doctor you can.
Anywho, although personally I was not in this situation, I felt bad for the kids who were in an anatomy group where 2/4 of the students in their dissection group elected to not attend dissection. It made more work for them having to dissect everything themselves. In a case like that, it makes sense to attend class.

(nicedream) said:
I go to as little lecture as possible because it's a complete waste of time for me and I definitely got tons of **** for it at the beginning. My school has mandatory attendance, so I was put on probation but it was worth it. Many of the students gave me crap (not good-natured) and view me as a bad student because of it even though my grades are among the highest.

I guess what it comes down to is that people who go to class for the most part feel guilty for skipping. They figure they are paying big money and they want someone to teach them something. If they dont' go to class they feel like they are cheating themself somehow. Get over the guilt, stay home study regularly and rock the tests. Nobody is saying that you shouldn't look at the lectures, most schools have scribes, lectures on line, read them listen to em whatever. But first study on your own.

Also it only makes sense that you should do everyting in your power that you possibly can to reach your goal. If your goal is to get top grades then going to lecture doesn't make much sense. You can have much more time, to study what you need and to know all the tiny BS details so you can kill the test. If your priority is not to get top grades, dont' get mad at people who do.

p.s. Dr. Ben Carson, who is a neurosurgeon at John Hopkins, who went to U of M medical school, self-admitted that he never went to lecture. He got up at 8 everyday and studied until 11 at night.

Disclaimer: "you" refers to all people in general, not this poster

hmm, i didn't know non-class goers looked at it that way... i don't mind at all when my classmates don't come to class. i have said to classmates, "wow, you're here!" or, "hey, i haven't seen you in a while!" on the rare occasions that i do see them in class. i am NOT bitter- it's really just small talk or my way of saying hi and that i've noticed them today. i see them so rarely, what else would i say...?

but i guess i better stop doing that... i can see how it can be misinterpreted now.

spiritgirl said:
hmm, i didn't know non-class goers looked at it that way... i don't mind at all when my classmates don't come to class. i have said to classmates, "wow, you're here!" or, "hey, i haven't seen you in a while!" on the rare occasions that i do see them in class. i am NOT bitter- it's really just small talk or my way of saying hi and that i've noticed them today. i see them so rarely, what else would i say...?

but i guess i better stop doing that... i can see how it can be misinterpreted now.

During Anatomy, I went to every single lecture and took notes. But once biochem started, I started not going to lecture, but getting up at 7 (like I did when I was going to lecture), but instead of screwing around and getting pretty until lecture started at 9, I throw on some sweatpants and start studying at 7. I can see why people have certain opinions of those who don't go to class, though- I definitely thought of them as the slackers, figuring they weren't in lecture cause they were out at the bars the night before and were still lying in bed, probably because that's what the people who skipped class in college were doing.

I think what it comes down to is that we're given multiple learning tools: lecture, syllabus, textbooks, etc. It's just a question of figuring out which works best for you.

p.s. Dr. Ben Carson, who is a neurosurgeon at John Hopkins, who went to U of M medical school, self-admitted that he never went to lecture. He got up at 8 everyday and studied until 11 at night

wow..... I shudder to think of how much I would know, and how much I would hate my life if I did that. Or even half of that....some people's motivation is insane.

spiritgirl said:

I don't think that would offend, don't worry.

omarsaleh66 said:
I skipped class and loved it. Sucks that u cant skip work in 3rd year. :scared:

dude, that link to why you shouldnt put your pic on the web is killer. im dyin over here. :laugh:

I'm a rare class goer, and yes I hear comments sometimes but I don't think it's out of malice. I think they're joking usually and just looking to make small talk. Can't you just laugh at yourself a bit - secure in the knowledge that you're doing what's best for you?

I personally am glad when people don't show up. Well, the type that make vacuous, pseudophilosophical inquiries (see TypeBs PSA).