not hearing from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabedoc81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the April MCAT and completed all my apps on Sept. 27.
I haven't heard back from Stanford
Harvard
Wash U.
USC
UCSF

Everyday, I run to the mail and check my email obsessively. No word. Should I just give up? Does the fact that they are taking so long mean I've been rejected and they just don't want to tell me yet? Is it a bad sign?

Members don't see this ad.

out of those schools.....i've only applied to usc......

when you say you haven't heard....does that mean no secondary?

or that you haven't heard regarding an interview?

nah...i will say it's still early...especially if you are aug MCATer...

also you applied to very competitive schools...

so it will take a while for them to screen out the april MCATers

unless you are super duper stat applicant...like 4.0 GPA 40+ MCAT...

but it's still early so don't worry... it will come around

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat with UIC. April MCAT and sent in the AMCAS in mid-August. WHY can't they have the decency to just reject or send along the paperwork?? All this wondering is drivin me crazy.

here's something i experienced today that might help.

i applied to univ. of iowa as a non-resident. my file was complete in late september. they said they'd review it in 2-3 weeks after it was complete.

over 6 weeks later, i had heard nothing, so i called their office. they told me they were waiting on an official transcript from my school, yet they NEVER told me about this request! so, i had my school send one today.

lesson: if you're waiting a long time, get a hold of a person and find out what's going on.

Yeah, I haven't heard from like 9 of the 15 schools I applied to yet. That includes Wake Forest, Harvard, Columbia, Mt. Sinai, Einstein, and Rochester. And I know my application is complete at all of those schools, because I had it confirmed twice. I think I should just pretend I didn't apply to all of them. :(

Originally posted by kaos
Yeah, I haven't heard from like 9 of the 15 schools I applied to yet. That includes Wake Forest, Harvard, Columbia, Mt. Sinai, Einstein, and Rochester. And I know my application is complete at all of those schools, because I had it confirmed twice. I think I should just pretend I didn't apply to all of them. :(

i don't know about other schools... but wake forest is pretty polite and patient with ppl calling them and giving pretty useful info...

I have call my 30+ schools...each one of them about 2 weeks ago to find out my status...

most schools are annoyed with my phone call or just told me that 'it is under review' (whatever fuc# that mean...under reveiw for 3 months now? shi@)

anyway...i found about my WF interview before they send info to me...
I'm actaully leaving in 2 hours to NC...so if you get a chance call WF... they are one of polite admission office that i have experienced...

good luck