Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

not hearing from schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by wannabedoc81, Nov 18, 2002.

1. wannabedoc81

wannabedoc81 Member
    7+ Year Member

I took the April MCAT and completed all my apps on Sept. 27.
    I haven't heard back from Stanford
    Harvard
    Wash U.
    USC
    UCSF

Everyday, I run to the mail and check my email obsessively. No word. Should I just give up? Does the fact that they are taking so long mean I've been rejected and they just don't want to tell me yet? Is it a bad sign?

2. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
    7+ Year Member

out of those schools.....i've only applied to usc......

when you say you haven't heard....does that mean no secondary?

or that you haven't heard regarding an interview?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CoronaBOY

CoronaBOY Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

nah...i will say it's still early...especially if you are aug MCATer...

also you applied to very competitive schools...

so it will take a while for them to screen out the april MCATers

unless you are super duper stat applicant...like 4.0 GPA 40+ MCAT...

but it's still early so don't worry... it will come around

good luck

4. HoMuffin

HoMuffin Procrastination Queen
    7+ Year Member

I'm in the same boat with UIC. April MCAT and sent in the AMCAS in mid-August. WHY can't they have the decency to just reject or send along the paperwork?? All this wondering is drivin me crazy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. whatfun

whatfun Member
    7+ Year Member

here's something i experienced today that might help.

i applied to univ. of iowa as a non-resident. my file was complete in late september. they said they'd review it in 2-3 weeks after it was complete.

over 6 weeks later, i had heard nothing, so i called their office. they told me they were waiting on an official transcript from my school, yet they NEVER told me about this request! so, i had my school send one today.

lesson: if you're waiting a long time, get a hold of a person and find out what's going on.

6. kaos

kaos Web Crawler
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, I haven't heard from like 9 of the 15 schools I applied to yet. That includes Wake Forest, Harvard, Columbia, Mt. Sinai, Einstein, and Rochester. And I know my application is complete at all of those schools, because I had it confirmed twice. I think I should just pretend I didn't apply to all of them. :(

7. CoronaBOY

CoronaBOY Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i don't know about other schools... but wake forest is pretty polite and patient with ppl calling them and giving pretty useful info...

I have call my 30+ schools...each one of them about 2 weeks ago to find out my status...

most schools are annoyed with my phone call or just told me that 'it is under review' (whatever fuc# that mean...under reveiw for 3 months now? [email protected])

anyway...i found about my WF interview before they send info to me...
    I'm actaully leaving in 2 hours to NC...so if you get a chance call WF... they are one of polite admission office that i have experienced...

good luck