not in your first choice and deposits are due

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ranark

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who didnt hear from your first choice yet but already got accepted to other schools whose deposits are due in a few weeks, what are you going to do? Will you pay your deposits on the chance that you still get accepted to your first school and lose the money? Or will you go to the school that accepted you? Finally, how much money are you hypothetically losing?

Members don't see this ad.

pay my deposit with intentions of paying a second one if accepted later by first choice.

ranark said:
For those of you who didnt hear from your first choice yet but already got accepted to other schools whose deposits are due in a few weeks, what are you going to do? Will you pay your deposits on the chance that you still get accepted to your first school and lose the money? Or will you go to the school that accepted you? Finally, how much money are you hypothetically losing?

I got the impression at most schools that they send out their second round of acceptances based on the amount of deposits that come in. Unfortunately, this means you will probably lose your deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Biogirl361 said:
pay my deposit with intentions of paying a second one if accepted later by first choice.
:thumbup:

I have zero problems paying a deposit and losing out on it later. The price is minimal.