Not moving around a lot during Y3 and Y4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkelton

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a list of schools where your able to live in one location for years 3 and 4?

I.E. TUCOM-NV you can live in vegas all 4 years.

Members don't see this ad.

You're probably going to have to find that information about each particular school from either the school or students.

That being said, I can tell you CCOM is one of those schools.

After thought- Most schools allow SOME of their students to stay in that area the whole time. For example, there are some DMU students who stay in Iowa all four years, however quite a few must pursue rotations in other places because there are not enough available for ALL the students to stay in Iowa. Make sure to ask if ALL students have the opportunity to stay in the area for rotations....

I can't speak for a lot of other schools but I know that at Pikeville. We have core rotation sites set up at certain hospitals and you can do everything there for your 3-4 year. There's not any moving around if you don't want to. Also, you can do your rotations here at our home hospital in pikeville.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be willing to say that at a lot of schools you would be able to stay in one location if you wanted/needed to.

Just to add in here: It's definitely possible with LECOM-Bradenton. I needed to stay in this general area (St. Pete area) due to my wife's work and I know a good number of others who will be staying in this area. A lot of those going out of the area are either going back out of state to be near home or just didn't mind trying a new location.

Nearly every school has at least one hospital that people can stay at for rotations, even Kirksville. That being said, you will want to do a few rotations at potential programs during your 4th year.

Nearly every school has at least one hospital that people can stay at for rotations, even Kirksville. That being said, you will want to do a few rotations at potential programs during your 4th year.

But Kirksville's core rotation sites are good for two years, so even if you have to move to them, you won't have to keep running around afterwards.

But Kirksville's core rotation sites are good for two years, so even if you have to move to them, you won't have to keep running around afterwards.

Yea, I just meant that if for SOME reason, you wanted to stay in kirksville for 4 years...it is theoretically possible.