Not notifying by Dec 14th

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by jhug, Dec 15, 2001.

1. jhug

jhug 1K Member

EEEEEK!!! December 14th snuck up on me and i just realized that i didn't let a couple schools know the yea/nea on my attending there. NOW WHAT!!?? should i just let it go- or do i write them apologizing and letting them know i'm not planning on attending. Thanks for the help!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Just let it go. For those who do not plan to attend a school, a majority of them will just let the deadline pass. Schools have come to expect that this will happen and they will not think one way or another of you (assuming they even remember you to begin with). In other words, don't worry. :)

4. wsu

wsu Senior Member

i disagree with the above post. I think it is disrepctful to the school and the remaining students that would like to attend that school if you do not notify them when now you don't need the school anymore. At the very least, you should call them.

5. Um, my point was that since the deadline had already passed, they have assumed that he will not attend. There was no reason for him to stress out about it. I do think it is polite to let the school know beforehand and that is exactly what I did five years ago. He did not, however, and that is what we are dealing with now. Even on my interviews for residency, I still sent thank you cards to places I knew I would not rank.

6. wsu

wsu Senior Member

ER,

sorry for the confusion..