This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_Kat_Lady

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question is: Since I will likely have to write my Steps (1, 2, 3...) after graduation, which will be very time consuming, is it ok enough to spend my time just studying?

I know that it would be good to stay involved in something clinical or research related for my resume but considering the time commitment of all of these exams, is it good enough to study and do well in order to have a chance at matching the next year?

Members don't see this ad.

How? Are you at an international school?

Reactions: 1 user
How? Are you at an international school?

Yes, I'm an IMG. I also had a serious health issue and needed to recover for a few months (not totally better but I'm managing), which interfered with when I originally scheduled my Step 1 exam. It is what it is and and I am still determined to write it but now I need to focus on electives and the next best time to write is after grad.

So now that I need to do Step 1/2 (and preferably also 3) after grad...would there even be time for research/clinicals? Is studying a good enough placeholder for that year or would not making sure I have something else on my resume really screw me over more...

Yes, I'm an IMG. I also had a serious health issue and needed to recover for a few months (not totally better but I'm managing), which interfered with when I originally scheduled my Step 1 exam. It is what it is and and I am still determined to write it but now I need to focus on electives and the next best time to write is after grad.

So now that I need to do Step 1/2 (and preferably also 3) after grad...would there even be time for research/clinicals? Is studying a good enough placeholder for that year or would not making sure I have something else on my resume really screw me over more...
I apologize but I don't know. I didn't think a school would graduate you without passing step1/2 (mine won't)