Not received Duke secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uic1999

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else still waiting on the Duke secondary, or is it just me?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope...same deal...AMCAS processed and verified 6/18. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Me neither. AMCAS processed late June. Boo!

me 4... maybe they're going in reverse order by day processed? i was processed 6/23.

count me in - processed 6/19. between duke and case, the waiting is driving me insane!!!!!! :eek:

sucks for you guys...I submitted 7/26 and was verified on 8/5...my last name ends in "B", so perhaps it's just an alphabetical artifact. Believe me, the application is a bear...Duke doesn't have rolling admissions though, correct? It shouldn't be a problem.

Best of luck to you guys...I hope it arrives soon!

yeah, i think my fingers are growing little callouses from typing in my email id and password waiting for the duke secondary. I was verified almost a month ago. I really don't know what's going on. People have said that they got the secondary without even being verified...now that pisses me off. It's all good though, my mandatory anger management classes are really helping me deal with my application anxiety.

im still waiting too, verified in mid-june. but my last name is late in the alphabet

y

I was verified on 8/4/04 and i received the secondary on 8/9, my last name starts with an S. Everyone gets a secondary, so I don't know what the damn problem is. Here are the essays if this helps.

Please provide us information on the most important community service/volunteer activities in which you have been involved. Please indicate your role, the length of time that you were involved, and the number of hours/week, if applicable, that you participated. How has participation in these activities impacted your preparation for a career in medicine?
This is a required question. Additionally, this short question is limited to 500 characters only. If your response is more than 500 characters (excluding spaces) the audit will not allow you to proceed.

Among the service activities that you listed on your AMCAS application, in which activity did you feel that you truly made an impact on someone else? What was the impact on you?
This is a required question. Additionally, this short question is limited to 500 characters only. If your response is more than 500 characters (excluding spaces) the audit will not allow you to proceed.

Each student brings strengths and weaknesses to the medical school class. How might your own experiences or lack of experiences, strengths and/or weaknesses, advantages and/or disadvantages contribute to the makeup of next year's class? How have these impacted your personal development and how have they contributed to your preparation for a career in medicine?

Please provide a list of your honors and awards. Indicate the one(s) of which you are the most proud and why.

Please provide a chronological list of your work experience while in college, or subsequent to your graduation, if applicable. Please indicate the length of your employment, number of hours worked/week, and your exact job title.

Have you participated in or conducted investigative research? If so, please describe below. If you have published or are listed as an author on a publication or a manuscript in press, please provide the title, authors, and name of journal.

Outside of the classroom, (i.e., encounters with academic dishonesty, etc.) describe a difficult moral or ethical situation that you have encountered and how you dealt with it. What personal strengths, values, and beliefs helped you deal with or meet this challenge?
This is a required question. Additionally, this essay question is limited to 1000 characters only. If your response is more than 1000 characters (excluding spaces) the audit will not allow you to proceed

The scientific and popular news media have heralded several "life-extending" and ?life-altering? technologies--among which are embryonic stem-cell research, cloning, genetic intervention, and organ transplantation. While such technologies represent remarkable developments and applications of our emerging scientific understanding, these technologies raise critical issues with respect to the ethics, morality and economics of these technologies. Identify some of the critical issues evoked by such technologies and address what potential moral, theological, and ethical questions might arise from the decisions made regarding developing and using these technologies in the care of patients.
This is a required question. Additionally, this essay question is limited to 1000 characters only. If your response is more than 1000 characters (excluding spaces) the audit will not allow you to proceed.

my last name is early in the alphabet too and I got my secondary invite like a wk after I submitted AMCAS. I submitted amcas on 7/27. If I was you I would go to their site and see if your amcas works when you log-in. Im fairly certain they dont screen..see my last posts on this topic for the reasons why

randallB said:
sucks for you guys...I submitted 7/26 and was verified on 8/5...my last name ends in "B", so perhaps it's just an alphabetical artifact. Believe me, the application is a bear...Duke doesn't have rolling admissions though, correct? It shouldn't be a problem.

Best of luck to you guys...I hope it arrives soon!

can someone post the URL for the duke secondary, i want to see if my amcas ID will work.

thanks

did it work? anywho..they are downloading the apps in reverse order so the earlier you were processed, the later you'll get the secondary...

:oops:

LRmed2003 said:
did it work? anywho..they are downloading the apps in reverse order so the earlier you were processed, the later you'll get the secondary...

:oops:

That's just....cruel!

ok, i'm just kidding....just glad to know I'll get a secondary...eventually....hopefully before they fill the class.

skhichi said:
yeah, i think my fingers are growing little callouses from typing in my email id and password waiting for the duke secondary. I was verified almost a month ago. I really don't know what's going on. People have said that they got the secondary without even being verified...now that pisses me off. It's all good though, my mandatory anger management classes are really helping me deal with my application anxiety.

rumor has it that they are going backwards with AMCAS verification. The earlier your AMCAS was processed, the later you'll get their secondary.

Jason