Not Rejected, Not Accepted, Not Waitlisted, No Time For Interview, What Now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyticstar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear from two long shot schools. So far I haven't been accepted, rejected, or waitlisted, but their final decisions will be sent out at the end of March. Obviously there is not time for an interview, so am I just waiting for rejections right now, or is there hope?

If anyone is in the same situation, or has any idea what could possibly be going on with my application please advise.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It's late and I'm sleepy... but I don't get it... You are waiting to hear post-interview? Because if you interviewed, then you will hear back eventually and you'll know what they decided (accepted, rejected, or waitlisted).

If you are waiting pre-interview, it depends on the schools. Some schools interview into April (NYMC and Tufts come to mind), but other schools are pretty much done (although I know nothing about CA schools). So, depending on the schools, you might still have a shot.

But, what about your *other* schools? I assume that you haven't applied to only 2 schools, right?

:confused:

lyticstar said:
I'm waiting to hear from two long shot schools. So far I haven't been accepted, rejected, or waitlisted, but their final decisions will be sent out at the end of March. Obviously there is not time for an interview, so am I just waiting for rejections right now, or is there hope?

If anyone is in the same situation, or has any idea what could possibly be going on with my application please advise.

Thanks.

You can be accepted up until the day before class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice. I've been accepted at Loyola and Wayne State, but I'm waiting on Yale and UPenn. For sure these are two schools I'm taking a huge gamble on and I don't expect anything, but they have both had my application since June of 2004 and I have heard absolutely nothing.

They both mention that all final decisions will be sent out at the end of March, and I realize that that doesn't leave any time for new interviews, I have not been interviewed at either school, so I guess I'm just questioning my status.

Am I waiting for a rejection, or is there the possibility they would interview me?

This is all theoretical, I've waited for 10 months, I can wait 2 weeks, but I thought somebody might have some ideas.

Thanks again.

lyticstar said:
Thanks for the advice. I've been accepted at Loyola and Wayne State, but I'm waiting on Yale and UPenn. For sure these are two schools I'm taking a huge gamble on and I don't expect anything, but they have both had my application since June of 2004 and I have heard absolutely nothing.

They both mention that all final decisions will be sent out at the end of March, and I realize that that doesn't leave any time for new interviews, I have not been interviewed at either school, so I guess I'm just questioning my status.

Am I waiting for a rejection, or is there the possibility they would interview me?

This is all theoretical, I've waited for 10 months, I can wait 2 weeks, but I thought somebody might have some ideas.

Thanks again.

I don't think those schools are still interviewing, but your best bet would be to call the schools directly and ask them yourself. I've heard that UPenn can be hostile over the phone, but Yale is rumored to be quite helpful. I know of someone who's application was initially lost at a top school, who interviewed in April after the school found the app, and who was accepted in May. So there's always hope, but if you want a definite answer, I would just phone the admissions offices at UPenn and Yale.

Good luck! :luck:

My PI is in the admissions committee at Penn and, according to him, if you haven't interviewed by now... it's over. I was in the same situation (heard nothing since I sent in my app), so I asked him and he gave it to me straight.

I don't know anything about Yale. You should def. call them to be sure.

Congrats on your acceptances! :)