Not so great semester.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cipher9422

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just received my grades for this past semester. All A's in my nonmajor courses but 2 B-'s. The B-'s were in Physics and Biochemistry. My cumulative GPA is now a 3.617 and the semester GPA is a 3.45. I'm just wondering here, how much do the two B-'s hurt my chances for Allopathic Medical School.

By the way, I am a Mexican American and plan on identifying as a URM.

Members don't see this ad.

So I just received my grades for this past semester. All A's in my nonmajor courses but 2 B-'s. The B-'s were in Physics and Biochemistry. My cumulative GPA is now a 3.617 and the semester GPA is a 3.45. I'm just wondering here, how much do the two B-'s hurt my chances for Allopathic Medical School.

sGPA and EC's?

Well over 1000's hours working as an Emergency Room Scribe and 135 hours combined shadowing different specialties such as, Cardiothoracic Surgeon, OB-Gyn, GI, Internal Medicine, Pediatrician, General Surgery, Anesthesia, and Radiology. I'm also part of a few school clubs like Tri-Beta. I won't lie I don't really participate at all in them as much as I should.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that the B-'s themselves aren't a problem if you end up raising your sGPA to something more competitive.

A 3.45 is under the average for most MD schools.

Being URM, you're still OK for most MD programs.