Not sure if I should take the MCAT yet or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tenzing2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was planning on taking the MCAT this coming Saturday, but I took the AAMC FL1 and scored a 130/126/129/126 (511 overall)

I am not sure if I should take it because my score is rather unbalanced and I feel like I could really do better in CARS/Psy/Soc if I had more time to study

(on I side note, I haven't even looked at the Biology texts either, that was based off just knowing stuff from UG)...

Let me know! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Can you take the other AAMC full length this week?

I mean I could, but I also kinda don't want to waste it if I do end up pushing it off. you know? so I have it as a reference later on..

Members don't see this ad :)
It's the week before your scheduled test date. It's time to use it. Take it this week and report back

Are you trying to apply this cycle?

I mean I could, but I also kinda don't want to waste it if I do end up pushing it off. you know? so I have it as a reference later on..

The AAMC said they are releasing FL3 this fall. Even if you decide to reschedule, it'll be available for you to use so don't hold off on FL2

Reactions: 2 users
A 511 is a great score. Unless you are aiming for 515+, then I don't see a reason to push it back.