not sure my gpa is high enough (3.1) 32M MCAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coloradoguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a non traditional student went to school from 02-04 studied business and did poorly with a 2.7 gpa. I returned to school in 07 and have done well at CU Boulder. 3.55 GPA and 3.6 science GPA. my overall cumulative gpa is therefore a 3.1 and my science GPA is 3.6 because I never took science until returning to school. I also was suspended in 02 for fighting. This is on my transcript. I have changed a lot since then, as I was a punk 18 year old at that time. My MCAT score is 12 Bio, 10 Verbal, 10 physics (32M). I want to know if I will be able to get into an Osteopathic school. I am not picky I just want to go to a US school, I really want to be a doctor. I appreciate any insight on this.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am a non traditional student went to school from 02-04 studied business and did poorly with a 2.7 gpa. I returned to school in 07 and have done well at CU Boulder. 3.55 GPA and 3.6 science GPA. my overall cumulative gpa is therefore a 3.1 and my science GPA is 3.6 because I never took science until returning to school. I also was suspended in 02 for fighting. This is on my transcript. I have changed a lot since then, as I was a punk 18 year old at that time. My MCAT score is 12 Bio, 10 Verbal, 10 physics (32M). I want to know if I will be able to get into an Osteopathic school. I am not picky I just want to go to a US school, I really want to be a doctor. I appreciate any insight on this.

With a higher MCAT like yours, your GPA will probably not hold you back much from getting interviews. However, your success also really depends on your ECs. My GPA was below a 3.0, and my MCAT was way less than yours... And I got 7 DO interviews... I think you should be fine!

You'll be fine. Good GPA (they'll like the great upward trend and the high sGPA) great MCAT, if your EC's are good enough you'll get loads of interest and a handful of acceptances.

Thanks for your responses guys, I guess what concerns me most at this point is the suspension, but the admissions counselors I have spoken with have said that this is something that can be overcome. If anybody has any specific information on that please let me know.