Not sure what to do on secondary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member244322

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On some of my secondaries I have to list an end date for a medical experience or volunteering experience but I am still participating in these events, so should I put when I am expecting to stop doing, like when I graduate or what? I can't leave it blank because it will not mark it as complete. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

On some of my secondaries I have to list an end date for a medical experience or volunteering experience but I am still participating in these events, so should I put when I am expecting to stop doing, like when I graduate or what? I can't leave it blank because it will not mark it as complete. Thanks
If you have to have an actual date, and you can just type in "ongoing" or some such, put the projected end date, whether that is graduation or when you plan on starting med school.

I know that on one of my secondaries it said that in your situation to just put the end date as the date you submit your secondary and they will understand that as meaning "to present." Although not sure if that is a universal code or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Still deciding which way to go. I couldn't find anything on there saying to put the date I turned in my secondary, so I don't really know if that is what I should do.

Yes I can but I am wanting to submit it tonight. It seems like it makes sense to put the end date when I plan on graduating since most of them I won't be doing anymore once I move to another city. I just know I read something on here that you don't want to put things your doing in the future, but since I am currently doing them then I should be ok.