Not sure what to do =(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drbrowneyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
So I got a weird phone call a couple days ago and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I've already been accepted to Nova and when I went for the interview I really liked the school and got a good vibe from it. I pretty much figured I wasnt going to get accepted anywhere else because i had been rejected from three schools and was just waiting for the rejection from NECO to come too. A couple days ago NECO called me to ask me for an interview invite?!? I just dont get it. I'm thinking at this point if I fly all the way there and spend the money for travel (which will be about 1000 and im really short on cash so I will probably have to charge it) I will most likeley just be put on a waitlist. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight. Is NECO a much better school than Nova? Is it worth it for me to go to the interview or should I just decline the invite? I'm really confused so any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks guys =)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,
So I got a weird phone call a couple days ago and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I've already been accepted to Nova and when I went for the interview I really liked the school and got a good vibe from it. I pretty much figured I wasnt going to get accepted anywhere else because i had been rejected from three schools and was just waiting for the rejection from NECO to come too. A couple days ago NECO called me to ask me for an interview invite?!? I just dont get it. I'm thinking at this point if I fly all the way there and spend the money for travel (which will be about 1000 and im really short on cash so I will probably have to charge it) I will most likeley just be put on a waitlist. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight. Is NECO a much better school than Nova? Is it worth it for me to go to the interview or should I just decline the invite? I'm really confused so any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks guys =)

Unless you have some sort of overwhelming desire to go to NECO, I would just "fuhgeddaboudit" and go to NOVA.

I agree w/ KHE. Then you may not think all the trouble was "worth it."

Members don't see this ad :)
I was sort of in the same situation, as I've been set on Nova for a couple months now and just last week got a letter from NECO with an invite. I didn't think twice at this point to turn it down. Nova is much cheaper than NECO anyways, plus there isn't a guarantee they even offer you a spot.

I just got an invitation from NECO today too. I wonder why so late? I applied back in October and was sure that was a rejection letter. Anyways, today is 04/20/09 and the dates available on the letter for an interview is 04/24/09... ? Hmm almost impossible since i work full time and im from cali. How filled up is their class up to this pt anyway? I'm pretty set with ICO.

i wouldn't waste the time or the money. last year i was offered an interview at SCCO in march. i flew all the way to CA from WV...spend ridiculous amounts of money on the trip...when i got there i found out i was interviewing with 12 other people and there were only 2 seats left. they emailed me 2 days later with the rejection.