Not sure what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liquidsnake02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just got a C- in ORGO 2. Should I retake the class? I mean I have As in pretty much all my science classes - biochem, physics 1 and 2, calc 2, Intro Bio and Into Chem. Should I keep taking upper level biology classes to boost the gpa?

Would Med schools accept you even if you have a C-?

Thanks Alot

Members don't see this ad.

If you think that you can do better retake it. Is there a particular reason for getting a C-. I find it curious that you have all As in everything else, but a C- in that. Perhaps it was a bad professor.

actually it was a bad professor, and mostly it was my fault, just didn't pay much attention and gave more preference to my research.

Do you think med schools would care if I retook it at CC or another college (UofM dearborn) ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't retake it. One 'C' will not keep you out of medical school if you're GPA is good overall.

Don't retake it. One 'C' will not keep you out of medical school if you're GPA is good overall.

My only concern would be that it is not a "C" but a C-. I vaguely remember at least one the schools I applied to saying you needed a C or better in prereqs so it may be something you want to look into retaking if that is the case. If you do retake though I'd try to get a different professor and make sure you get a way better grade

My only concern would be that it is not a "C" but a C-. I vaguely remember at least one the schools I applied to saying you needed a C or better in prereqs so it may be something you want to look into retaking if that is the case. If you do retake though I'd try to get a different professor and make sure you get a way better grade

I guess that's true, my school didn't grade like that so I'm not sure how it works with a C-. I would think (completely without research or knowledge of the subject) that it would be fine, but the OP should probably check with the schools they want to apply to.