Not trying to complain but..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SayAahh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to make this a whiney post but does anyone else feel like they find themselves dazing off and not studying as much as they plan to everyday? I'm usually very good at putting in the hours when it comes to exams for classes, but with the DATs it's just hard to keep focused at times :sleep:

Anyone? Suggestions would also be nice!

Members don't see this ad.

Same here my friend. I've been extremely lazy. I know I want a high score and told myself to read 3 chapters of Campbell everyday, but instead I took 3 days to finish one chapter :D....

It takes a lot of self discipline. Even still, I have some bad days. I never let myself study less than the time allotted,but some days I just get a whole lot less done with that time than others. Just keep your mind on your goal.

I'm not trying to make this a whiney post but does anyone else feel like they find themselves dazing off and not studying as much as they plan to everyday? I'm usually very good at putting in the hours when it comes to exams for classes, but with the DATs it's just hard to keep focused at times :sleep:

Anyone? Suggestions would also be nice!

Aahh
i said it

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here my friend. I've been extremely lazy. I know I want a high score and told myself to read 3 chapters of Campbell everyday, but instead I took 3 days to finish one chapter :D....

3 chapters a day? Isn't that a bit overkill o_O? Where do you find time to put in to all your other subjects or are you taking the DATs a lot later on?

To OP, don't kill yourself. If you study and you aren't really focused then just stop for a while and come back to it later :thumbup:.

I have been here for over 2 years but still don't know quater amount of DAT.

Okay phew, so I'm not the only one! I think the fact that I'm having a few bf problems right now is also holding me back from staying focused, but I was just beginning to worry, I intend to take the DAT in April.

And to add, I would not advise doing a topic a week or something like that. I did that and have now come to realize that all the subjects that I was solid on seemed rusty when I re-reviewed. Go short-term memory!

i hear ya, story of my life right now...I'm finding it soo hard to balance school and DAT. it's hard to focus and retain alllll of the info even when i do get a good day of studying in. so frustrating!

it's REALLY tough to just sit down and study for the DATS. it took me probably half a year before i actually got good studying. i think what pushed me to study hard is the passion to become a dentist and just learning that I have another 4 years of studying to do. So why not start now and enjoy it!

Just find yourself a nice place to study. For me it's Coffee Bean and music to drown out the distractions. When you're in a place where there are people, you aren't going to sleep and you can't mess around even if you wanted to. the java REALLY makes me focus and things just seep in.