Not Ultra Organized like the rest of SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shikki79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone like me?????????????....good student (3.75 GPA), active in school activities and volunteering (not in hositals though, did research...
BUT
I am a CHRONIC procrastinator

Applying to medical schools this summer...BUT

1. Didn't take the MCAT in April
2.Taking the MCAT for the first time in August
BUT
3.Started studying in mid June
4.Haven't submitted AMCAS (going to submit it next week)
5.Just asked professors for Recommendations (last week)
6. Still holding on to hope of being part of the 2003 entering class despite my little procrastination problem.

Everyone on SDN seems ultra organized but I know there have to be a few like me, if so consider this our support group...

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by shikki79
Anyone like me?????????????....good student (3.75 GPA), active in school activities and volunteering (not in hositals though, did research...
BUT
I am a CHRONIC procrastinator

Applying to medical schools this summer...BUT

1. Didn't take the MCAT in April
2.Taking the MCAT for the first time in August
BUT
3.Started studying in mid June
4.Haven't submitted AMCAS (going to submit it next week)
5.Just asked professors for Recommendations (last week)
6. Still holding on to hope of being part of the 2003 entering class despite my little procrastination problem.

Everyone on SDN seems ultra organized but I know there have to be a few like me, if so consider this our support group...
:D :( :p
Did you just cut and paste your old post?? You could just type in "Bump" on that one and bring it back to the top.

heh, yes, that sounds like me.

If you want it bad enough, then I say go for it. I studied for less than a month for my MCAT, and didn't end up with the greatest score, but it still got me into medical school, because I pushed all the other aspects of my application. I did end up with a 'T' on the writing portion (like anyone cared), but I would have much rather gotten a higher score on the physical sciences portion. =P

If I had it to do all over again, (even though I got in the first time) I would have studied more for the MCAT. I know I would have scored much higher if I had studied more. If you have a problem with disciplining yourself for it, I would suggest a prep course. They're pricey, but if you don't think you can make yourself study on your own for it, its worth every penny.

I took the MCAT in August and applied late to everything. I was in the very last interview date (January 14th!) for the school I ended up going to. =P

Now, I'm not proposing that you should just procrastinate on everything ;) but maybe sit down and think about your motivations for all this. How much do you want it?

Hopefully your answer will help you get yer ass on the track and runnin'. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I procrastinated far, far worse than you for everything. Honestly, at the time I had no idea that most people did everything so early timewise. Basically I did everything wrong in the application process (applied to very few schools, etc.) And I got acceptances without it being an issue. Started studying for the MCAT 3 weeks before the test. I didn't submit my AMCAS until after I took the August MCAT, and didn't solicit for LORs until late Sept/early October once I started getting secondaries. And for every anal get-it-done-at-the-earliest-possible-moment med student, there is a oh-crap-wait-until-the-last-minute med student (true for my class anyhow).

To make you feel better -
Took the August MCAT, started studying 1 month ahead and wished later I started studying earlier
Just submitted AMCAS and started asking for recs this week (end of August!)

Other procrastinators, please let us know you're out there!!

took august mcat for 1st time

haven't finished my amcas, still need to write ps

haven't asked for LORs yet either......haven't figured out which profs i'l be asking.........

dont' feel stressed or hurried to apply........i think that's something to worry about...........

nero