Note to All PrePharmer's who have to take Orgo...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmforme

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just don't take it in the summer. UGH!

I'm only half way into Orgo I and I already feel like I'm going to vomit up compounds and atoms. I actually had a dream about putting together the model set last night...I may just look down tomorrow and see C's and H's floating in my Cheerios lol.

Yeah, if ya can, avoid taking it during the summer. :)

I'll be insane by the time I get to the end of Orgo II :laugh: ...just in time for me to start Pharm school!

Members don't see this ad.

I was actually told to take it over the summer (last summer), since it was the only class I was going to take during that summer session. it is a lot of info. but i think it's better than having to take ochem with 3 or 4 other classes during the school year...:)

I heart ochem. :D

Pharmforme,
I can't imagine all orgo all the time for a full summer. My thoughts are with you. Just remember where you'll be in the fall! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My best class performances were during summer semesters. You're constantly studying and the info is always in the back of your mind... whereas during Fall or Spring, your test material may have been over 4 weeks ago. It might seem more difficult but it's more like a time saver. You learn more information in almost half the time. ;)

ethyl said:
My best class performances were during summer semesters. You're constantly studying and the info is always in the back of your mind... whereas during Fall or Spring, your test material may have been over 4 weeks ago. It might seem more difficult but it's more like a time saver. You learn more information in almost half the time. ;)

Same here. Your course load is lighter and you have more time to devote to the really hard courses in summer. I'm taking biochemistry (another notoriously hard class) right now so I can really learn it without worrying about what other exams I have to prepare for.

The only downfall that I have experienced with summer classes is that they seem to be abbreviated... not accelerated. The professors sometimes cut stuff out that would be covered during the normal school year and say, "if you're really interested in suchandsuch you can read about it yourself." This might not be a good thing if you are taking a core class like ochem where you will be tested on it during the PCAT!!

It is nice to have a vacation every once in awhile though. :rolleyes:

Im taking it over summer, well Organic II the mechanisms are really kicking my ass... like seriously Im so lost luckily we've only done 3 days worth of work