Notes during interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bla_3x

Grip it and rip it!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that some people read off notes (like answers to particularly in depth/hard questions and questions to ask the interviewers) during their interview. Has anyone done this? is is normal/OK to do? When I read about this I, personally, was shocked. I never thought that you could do that in an interview. But hey, if it is OK and has been done...successfully... then why not! What are your thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

That's the kookiest thing I've heard in awhile. I can't imagine how that's at all appropriate during an interview. If someone were to read off answers from a piece of paper, why bother being at an interview? Better to type the answers out and send them to the school instead.

Anyone who does that and still gets accepted most likely had 4.0, 38T, and just recenly was awarded the Nobel Prize in biology. :D

I think that anyone that does this is simply unfamiliar with what is, and is not, acceptable in an interview. Though I have no doubt that some people may have done this, I would suspect they are not the ones that were successful. Being insecure enough, or just plain unable to think on ones feet, are not qualities that adcoms desire in future doctors.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the above posters. I think it would be simply inappropriate to read pre-written answers to questions during an interview. Part of being a doctor is being able to think on your feet. You can't pre-write the answer to every question you'll be asked as a doctor.

I agree that anybody who could get in with that method must have just won the Nobel Prize :D