Notes during VITA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zelazowawola

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Sorry, this might be very obvious, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether it's not allowed to reference/look at notes very quickly during VITA.
I've been practicing and I found that the best way to organize my thoughts during the minute we have to think is to take quick notes. Sometimes I accidentally glance down while answering the question, though. But I was wondering if this would be a huge red flag if it happened during the actual recording.

Thanks!

edit: I found the answer on Reddit, and realized that it is indeed a very stupid and obvious question. Sorry!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!

Sorry, this might be very obvious, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether it's not allowed to reference/look at notes very quickly during VITA.
I've been practicing and I found that the best way to organize my thoughts during the minute we have to think is to take quick notes. Sometimes I accidentally glance down while answering the question, though. But I was wondering if this would be a huge red flag if it happened during the actual recording.

Thanks!

edit: I found the answer on Reddit, and realized that it is indeed a very stupid and obvious question. Sorry!
What did you find on Reddit?

Basically, we shouldn't even be writing notes in the first place because the questions are confidential. We're not recorded during the minute, so I guess they wouldn't know if we took notes, but I think for the sake of future interviews, too, it would be best for me to practice not taking notes at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think you can look at notes during the 1 minute prep time but in between questions you can look at stuff.

I took the VITA today and during 2 questions I jotted down 3 bullet points of what I wanted to talk about. In the guide the closest thing I could find to a rule against this was agreeing to not attempt to record or reproduce the VITA questions or content, which I didn’t think I was doing. What should I do? Do I need to report this as a violation?

I took the VITA today and during 2 questions I jotted down 3 bullet points of what I wanted to talk about. In the guide the closest thing I could find to a rule against this was agreeing to not attempt to record or reproduce the VITA questions or content, which I didn’t think I was doing. What should I do? Do I need to report this as a violation?
Hi! I did the same thing, what did you end up doing?

Definitive answer during AAMC webinar: no note taking