ChrisMack390

2+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I'm bringing one of those leather portfolios to my interviews (first one tomorrow!) mostly in case I want to write down any notes or questions during the tour and other presentations.

Most of my interviews are MMIs (lucky me...). Would it be acceptable/not weird if I read the MMI prompt and jotted down a couple of the points I want to touch on? I am afraid of rambling and this might help me stay on message.

Gryffindor20

2+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2015
Dumbledore's Office
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
If you don't take forever to "jot." I'm a slow writer and this wouldn't work for me but it sounds like a great idea. Also make sure to make reasonable eye contact with the interviewer and not to keep your face glued to the notes.

Reactions: Crayola227

Pinocytosis

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I'm bringing one of those leather portfolios to my interviews (first one tomorrow!) mostly in case I want to write down any notes or questions during the tour and other presentations.

Most of my interviews are MMIs (lucky me...). Would it be acceptable/not weird if I read the MMI prompt and jotted down a couple of the points I want to touch on? I am afraid of rambling and this might help me stay on message.
It may vary school-to-school, but generally speaking, you're not allowed bring anything with you. You won't be able to jot anything down during the "answer formulation" part of the MMI.

Sep 1, 2015
Status
Medical Student

The MMI I attended did not allow us to have anything, pen and paper included. If that is the case, number and order the points you want to talk on in your head. I felt like they gave us enough time to read the prompt and to formulate an organized response, I didn't find it difficult to stay on message.