Nothing Came Up in my fingerprint Background check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trev141414

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a couple incidents in undergrad about 10 years ago. I do recall them, since I was there. But after submitting a LIVE SCAN fingerprint search with the CA DOJ for my own record review, an official written response from the State Attorney General said, "As of the date of this letter, a search of your fingerprints did not identify with any criminal history record maintained by this Bureau as provided by the California Penal Code Sections 11120-11127."

I followed up with an email response for them to double check my record, and they did not provide any new information.

I do remember pleading no contest in court, so what should I do about these previous convictions?

Members don't see this ad.

Answer the questions in the application honestly. Were you thinking of not?

Unless something got expunged perhaps?

I had a couple incidents in undergrad about 10 years ago. I do recall them, since I was there. But after submitting a LIVE SCAN fingerprint search with the CA DOJ for my own record review, an official written response from the State Attorney General said, "As of the date of this letter, a search of your fingerprints did not identify with any criminal history record maintained by this Bureau as provided by the California Penal Code Sections 11120-11127."

I followed up with an email response for them to double check my record, and they did not provide any new information.

I do remember pleading no contest in court, so what should I do about these previous convictions?
You need an FBI check. I am unsure also if CA drops old records since it is a pretty progressive state. I would consult with a lawyer . You would know if you had a felony .

My school won't take a DOJ livescan only FBI fingerprinting counts. So I would request an FBI report to be undoubtably sure before proceeding

Reactions: 1 user