NOTHING from UCSF or Columbia good or bad???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sublimation

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so im still waiting to hear from these two schools...and i have not heard a peep from either of them....i sent my secondary to UCSF and have been under review with them since sept 13 and same with columbia.....am i looking at a rejection from these schools? do they wait it out till june to hand out rejections.....i know ucsf dont wait that long...but i just feel like they are ignoring me....i called both and they both said...ur under review....UGH!!! this is irritating just being in limbo!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same place with UCSF. My application was also complete in September. I'm OSS.

I was in the same boat and I finally received an invite last week for Jan 31st. I'm OOS by the way. Just be patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I'm in the same boat with Columbia. I've been "under review" since Aug 23 and so I was expecting a rejection Dec 1 but I still haven't heard a word from them. No news is good news I guess? But I hear you that it's awful feeling ignored and left to hang in limbo!

last i heard was from sept 14 saying my app was complete

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to expect since my application was also complete before. UCSF isn't shy about giving rejections quickly either. :confused:

YEAH! hey-stay hopeful! just called the office and they said they're still doing interviews and some seats are given out to those post-jan. some more acceptances will be given out in Jan once the first 60 that got accepted Dec 1st decide on where they want to go.

I submitted my app around the same time as you and I just received a rejection notice so you might be in good shape! I thought I had a pretty good chance to get in but oh well.

I submitted my app around the same time as you and I just received a rejection notice so you might be in good shape! I thought I had a pretty good chance to get in but oh well.

did you submit your application sept 23? with your stats, i would consider you a reallly really competitive applicant. ucsf's deadline was oct...but you have a ucla interview in jan! congrats. i think you're looking really good to that school. good luck!