Notified of receiving scholarship (HSPS), still haven't heard back.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsbio

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

I was accepted into school February 1st and finished all the HSPS requirements before March. About a month after my MEPS my recruiter told me I had been selected and to stand-by for more details. Its been a few months now and I haven't received any additional information and my school starts in early July. Is it typical for these processes to take this amount of time? I am reverting to taking out student loans as I wait for commissioning. I would like to hear from anyone who went through something like this or somebody who has some insight.

Thank You.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello SDN,

I was accepted into school February 1st and finished all the HSPS requirements before March. About a month after my MEPS my recruiter told me I had been selected and to stand-by for more details. Its been a few months now and I haven't received any additional information and my school starts in early July. Is it typical for these processes to take this amount of time? I am reverting to taking out student loans as I wait for commissioning. I would like to hear from anyone who went through something like this or somebody who has some insight.

Thank You.
See if you can get in touch with your recruiter and if you can't get ahold of them, try their commanding officer. I would jump on this right away because you need to know whether you've received the scholarship or not.

I have personally dealt with recruiters who have said things inaccurately about someone's chances or HPSP status so I would not just take them at their word.

Yeah I would call and just confirm with them. I only heard from them once saying I got it and that was in February or something. Not another word until about a week before school started, then commissioned a week after. I too was getting worried though from lack of any contact but it all worked out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately I was unable to contact anybody.. I think all I can do is wait.. At this point taking out the loans is the only option.. *Gulp*

Happened to me, although I was able to keep in contact with my recruiter. I was selected in February, and was not allowed to commission until August 1st.

Happened to me, although I was able to keep in contact with my recruiter. I was selected in February, and was not allowed to commission until August 1st.

Hoping this is the case for me! Thanks for the reply.

I would try to find the commanding officer or maybe someone from this forum to help you out. I had the same issue where I was told that I had the scholarship, and later told that I was on the order of merit list. The major issue was that I had already rejected my state school and chose a different school (and paid the deposit!). It was quite stressful, but I kept contacting the recruiter and it finally went through. Don't stop being proactive! Nothing is finalized until you sign all the paperwork and commission.

Best of luck

Reactions: 1 user
I would try to find the commanding officer or maybe someone from this forum to help you out. I had the same issue where I was told that I had the scholarship, and later told that I was on the order of merit list. The major issue was that I had already rejected my state school and chose a different school (and paid the deposit!). It was quite stressful, but I kept contacting the recruiter and it finally went through. Don't stop being proactive! Nothing is finalized until you sign all the paperwork and commission.

Best of luck

Thank you very much for your reply. I will continue to reach out and find answers.. I am assuming at this point since I did all my requirements in February that I will be receiving my commission in August.. Crossing my fingers! I spoke to my schools FA and they told me a few students from the previous years were in the same boat as me.. I will update the forum as I find out more.