1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Notifying schools that you'll be away for the holidays?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by oompa loompa, Dec 2, 2005.

1. oompa loompa

oompa loompa Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm going to be gone for most of December, out of the country so my cell won't work anyway. Since most acceptance decisions require you to accept their offer within 1-2 weeks, should I email schools and let them know I'll be gone? How are fellow vacationers doing this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pagemmapants

pagemmapants Unknown Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was wondering about this - I won't be out of North America so I can still check my e-mail but my "mailing address" will be vacant for a good 3 weeks. Thoughts anyone?

4. doublepeak

doublepeak Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I have the same issue. When I interviewed at a couple schools the admissions assistant asked (or it was on a form) and I wrote down the dates for my contact info. I am not sure what to do for Stanford who I haven't heard from regarding an interview and one of the schools that didn't ask during the interview. Forwarding mail can take 2 weeks to go into effect...