Notifying schools that you'll be away for the holidays?

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

oompa loompa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
I'm going to be gone for most of December, out of the country so my cell won't work anyway. Since most acceptance decisions require you to accept their offer within 1-2 weeks, should I email schools and let them know I'll be gone? How are fellow vacationers doing this?

pagemmapants

Unknown Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I was wondering about this - I won't be out of North America so I can still check my e-mail but my "mailing address" will be vacant for a good 3 weeks. Thoughts anyone?

doublepeak

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
Status
I have the same issue. When I interviewed at a couple schools the admissions assistant asked (or it was on a form) and I wrote down the dates for my contact info. I am not sure what to do for Stanford who I haven't heard from regarding an interview and one of the schools that didn't ask during the interview. Forwarding mail can take 2 weeks to go into effect...

About the Ads