1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

notre dame students and NYU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mvalento, Dec 15, 2001.

1. mvalento

mvalento Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    i am just curious- if there are any ND students out there- how come so few of you apply to NYU? my friend and i had a bet on which school would send more interviewees here (ND vs. SUNY-Geneseo)- and we found out from the admissions office that only 3 kids applied from ND this year. now, i know that there are around 200 pre-meds applying to med school from ND every year. does fr. walter ever mention that there are schools out there besides AMCAS schools? or loyola or georgetown? what's the deal? i want more ND kids here (...and fewer ivy league punks! just kidding...)- or at least some others to suffer through terrible football games with.

bud

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

out of curiosity, are you going to nyu next year? want to go? already go? already got in?

just curious because im waiting for their "right before or right after christmas" decision

-btw: there will be no ivy bashing while im here. dont make me whip out my warface boy.
    :mad:

4. scottie

scottie Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, Fr. Walter is still really big on G'Town and Loyola. Personally, I would say that the reason most of us didn't apply to NYU is because we are too lazy to do a non-AMCAS application. After a hellish summer with the on-line AMCAS, I know that I was definitely not going to do any more work than I had too. Also, to be honest, I couldn't really see myself living in new york city. It just seems too big for me (and expensive).
    So how do you like NYU? I'm sure there is at least a lot more to there than here in the 'Bend. By the way, you're aware of this whole football coach fiasco, right? Also, we have a messed up finals schedule this semester--only 3 study days and we had to take finals on a Saturday! come on, feel my pain here... Anyway, its good to know that another Domer has survived this awful process!

5. mvalento

mvalento Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    choker- i am a first year at NYU.

scottie- yo, i don't blame you for not wanting the hassle with the AMCAS mess. i'm just glad that everything went (relatively) smoothly last year. there is quite a lot to do here in NYC (obviously more than south bend- but there's no 'backer, no nick's patio, no citywide liquor either). i came back to ND for the MSU and tennessee games this year and had a great time. although i love it here at NYU, i do miss ND, especially my friends (most went straight to chicago, as always). as for the o'leary fiasco, well, i am glad it happened because i wansn't sold on him anyway- hopefully white can convince one of the more glamorous candidates (mariucci, gruden, shanahan). i even read on espn.com that there are rumors of holtz being a candidate...i can hardly believe that they're serious, but hey, a guy can dream eh? take it easy man-

bud