NOVA Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NUgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone that interviewed around the 20th of Oct heard from NOVA post-interview? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I interviewed on the 25th and called Lynne last friday..... I was accepted! .... but I still haven't received a letter.

I interviewed on 11/1 and called last Friday (11/8) and Lynne told me that I got in! :)

I also haven't gotten an official letter yet though. I would give her a call today or tomorrow. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to both of you on the acceptance to NOVA! It is such an incredible school. I absolutely loved it.

When you called did you ask to speak to Lynn? What did you say? I'm probably going to call tomorrow or Fri.

Congrats again! :clap:

Hey everyone!! Congratulations on your acceptances!! I just recieved word from Ms. Cawley that I have been selected for an interview. Can anyone give me advice as to what I should do for the interview and how to prepare for the onslaught of questions? Also, how is the interview format set up? Thanks a million and once again...congrats!!!

NU girl... I just called, dialed Lynn's ext., and reminded her who I was and when I interviewed and just asked if she knew my status. Just that easy.... I was pretty anxious, but you gotta just hold your breath and do it. Good luck

jd star... are you going to be there next fall? I'm about 90% sure that I will be.

DoctorDoogie4.... check out the nova interview thread and the interview feedback section. There's not much to it. The format is 3 on 1 open file and they'll ask specific things about it. Answer honestly and with confidence. And try to end it on a positive note... ie. "my grades sophmore year may have been poor blah blah blah, but you can see that I've improved every year and am capable of doing well academically." Good luck!

jd star... I just saw that you're about 90% sure too on the Nova class of 2007 thread. Guess that answers my question. Whats going to tip the scale for you, if you don't mind me asking.

prosDOstud - i'm supposed to be hearing from PCOM soon, and f i get accepted i think it will be a toug choice (since i am from the philadelphia area and most of my family and friends are around here). but i am still leaning towards Nova. i've been doing a lot of research on the school, talking to faculty and students, and i really think it's the right place for me. i'm going to talk to my parents over thanksgiving and talk finances, etc. to figure out what i'm going to do.

how about you? what will tip your scale to make you 100% sure?

prosDOstud,
I am trying to contact Lynne Crawley. You said you dialed her extension number. Do you think you could tell me what it is? I have looked for it for awhile on the website with no luck. I interviewed on Oct.18th and I still haven't heard anything, so I am getting alittle curious as to what is going on. Thank you!!

Or does anyone know Lynne's extension #? Please!!!!

the best way to reach Ms. Cawley is via email. She is pretty good about that. If you want her email address, private message me and I will give it to you. Also, you can call NOVA and ask for her email address. Hope this helps!! :)

PS Can you give me some info about the NOVA interview...I have been notified that I will start interview there.

Hey guys,

I just subscribed to SDN. I also am interested to enter NSUCOM for 2003.
I'm a senior at Nova's Undergrad, with a guarantee to enter NSU-COM because of the Dual Admissions Program :rolleyes:. If you guys have ANY questions regarding Nova, I can find out for you, since Health Professions Division (HPD) is right across the street. Nova is an excellent school and I would encourage people who are interested to really look into it.

Lala990: I'll go Monday and get all pertinent info. I can find about Ms. Lynne Cawley and post it ASAP ex. her 1800 number, email address etc

I've sent my Secondary and am impatiently waiting on a call for interview. Interviews are held at Nova on every Monday and Friday. The interview is a 5-6 hour process, where you talk to the Dean of Med School Dr. Silvagni (hope I spelled it correctly) and other imp. people, then the individual interviews happen, then you are taken on a tour of the whole school.

I talked to Mary, the secretary to Ms. Cawley, and she told me that the interview days are filled with candidates for the whole of Dec. Last day when interviews will be going on for the month of dec. is 12/16/2002. So send in your stuff ASAP.

Keep your hopes up.

Hey MoNOVA,
I would appreciate any info you could give me:):) Thank you soo much!!! Take care
Lauren

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's the info. I found on Nova's website regarding Ms. Lynne Cawley:
Nova's 1800 # is 1-800-541-6682, you can then dial her extension.

Name Phone CAWLEY, LYNNE M
Phone # (954) 262-1113
Fax No. (954) 262-2282
Email Address: [email protected]

Good luck with your endeavors.

I got an interview on 12/16!!! I am soo geeked about it!! I about fainted when I got that packet!! Anyone got some tips on flying into Ft. Lauderdale and places to stay. Good luck everyone!!!

MoNOVA
Thank you very much. I really needed that info. I must be an idiot b/c I couldn't find it on the website.
Good Luck with everything

MoNOVA
Thank you very much. I really needed that info. I must be an idiot b/c I couldn't find it on the website.
Good Luck with everything

Guys and gals... you're not the idiots 'cuz you couldn't find it on the website... its the website peeps that are the idiots for designing a 5hitty (this forum censors... political correctness... hehe) website that is completely un-navigatable (is that a word?).... anyway, I just got "annointed" to the website committee of the school and I'll try to fix it as best I can... trust me, from a NSU student and a webmaster, the NOVA website sucks a$$ bigtime...

Speaking of, congrad's to all the acceptances... I'm sure I met most of you at your interviews... If you need anything answered, post away and I'll do my best to address the issues...

Also, if you want to carry things over to the Class of 2006 website, you'll get more than my opinion.

Good luck and great choice!
-Brian
President, Class of 2006

P.S. Boy, ya'll got some good things in motion for you next year that I'm working on with my class... :cool:

P.P.S. I'm really going to study now...

Nova should have sent you a packet with a CD-ROM and other info. about the hotels and the airport etc. If they haven't, you should request it sent to you ASAP. There's a hotel (or two) opposite to Nova HPD in the Rolling Hills community. I think its Best Western or Hilton. Those should be your best bet. I think your interview is on Friday, therefore, you should fly in the night before at Ft. Lauderdale Intl. Airport. You can rent a car at the airport, have a buddy/relative pick you up, or have the hotel shuttle take you to the hotel. I think you'd have to be at the Terry Building at 8 am (or 8:30 am), so depending on the time, you can figure out when you have to be there (its good to arrive a little early :)

Good luck and congrats on getting the interview.

PS: Try to read all the past posts about Nova and its interviewing procedures, that'll help you out.

Anyone else out there get accepted to Nova? I'm interested to see who got in and who will actually be going there. I'm still about 90% sure, just waiting for something to push me over the edge to make my final decision.

Hopefully some other people are getting in and are as excited about it as I am! :)

Hey!
I was accepted! I posted a while ago on another thread. I absolutley love nova - and have it ranked way higher than every other school I've been to. The only thing that's holding me back is the location (it's pretty far away, and so hot! i don't know if i can do without snow in the winter) i would say 75% chance of me going there though, overall.

Hey
I got accepted there as well. I also loved the school and however the location is abit far for me, so I just don't know yet:(

lala and abw - I know what you mean. I've lived in PA my whole life and moving to Florida would be a HUGE change. But my brother lives down there, so I would at least have him around for a familiar face. The distance is a lot, but somehow, I think it's worth it. I think it will be a good change from Philadelphia (plus it's so cold here I can't stand it!). Anyway, good luck on making your final decisions... and keep us posted on what you decide.

lala, abw, jd star; Do what you think is best for you. I also grew up in NY, started college at Cornell... but after my first year, I wanted to get away for new experiences. I transferred to Tulane in New Orleans and lived there for the last 6 1/2 years. I'm now in San Diego for the year doing the west coast thing. The great thing about living in different places is meeting new friends, keeping in touch with the old ones, and making the world seem a little smaller. And also, its not too tough to get used to warm weather especially when its freezing back home. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Hope to see you all at Nova!
-James

proDOstud - Thanks for your input! I know it will definitely be interesting to make a move like this. I'm tired of the cold and the city and I think I need a new atmosphere - I definitely think Fort Lauderdale will be better than being in Philadelphia. And it's more than the weather too - Nova's campus is beautiful compared to my undergrad school that is right in the middle of the city with no campus. And I've heard a lot of good things bout the school too.... Anyway, I hope I make the right decision and I hope to see you there next year!

I found out today via e-mail that I got in. I interviewed on the 4th. I loved the school but I am not sure that I will go there. I'm in at AZCOM and I liked UNE a lot too. I'm from the northeast so warm weather for a few years would be nice. Any opinions on the advantages, disadvantages of these schools?

hey j-man, i also interviewed on the 4th and called today, and I GOT IN, as well!! I am super excited because I really want to stay in Florida, and just fell in love with the school. I think that I am definitely going to accept the offer...remind me who you are again, Im sure I'll remember because I remember that we were all chatting it up with eachother the day of the interview...take care, and good luck on making your decisions. To anyone who has got accepted, congrats...and I look foward to seeing you all there next year!!!

oh man - doesn't it seem like as soon as you've got everything figured out, something totally throws you for a loop? I just found out that I got accepted to PCOM, and now I don't know what to do.... Now it's the choice between staying in Philadelphia, close to my family, where I don't have to move that far and could go to a really good school.... or I could take a chance for once in my life and do something totally new for me. Ugh. I guess we should all be so lucky to have to choose between our top two medical schools, but now I have this HUGE decision ahead of me, and only three weeks to make it. I am leaning towards Nova, but I just need a sign or something to push me over the edge and tells me that this is the right thing for me to do.

Oh well.... either way, I'm going to be a doctor, and I'm sure either school will help me become the best doc I can be.

Originally posted by jd star
oh man - doesn't it seem like as soon as you've got everything figured out, something totally throws you for a loop? I just found out that I got accepted to PCOM, and now I don't know what to do.... Now it's the choice between staying in Philadelphia, close to my family, where I don't have to move that far and could go to a really good school.... or I could take a chance for once in my life and do something totally new for me. Ugh. I guess we should all be so lucky to have to choose between our top two medical schools, but now I have this HUGE decision ahead of me, and only three weeks to make it. I am leaning towards Nova, but I just need a sign or something to push me over the edge and tells me that this is the right thing for me to do.

Oh well.... either way, I'm going to be a doctor, and I'm sure either school will help me become the best doc I can be.

If I were you I would go to Nova. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale my whole life until moving to Tulsa. It's a great city and Nova is a beautiful campus. If you like the city life, South Florida is one gigantic metropolis that spans from South Miami to North Palm Beach (all of three very big counties).

But really the only reason I would suggest Nova is not so much because its any better or worse than PCOM, but because the opportunity to move to another part of the country is one you shouldn't pass up. It's an invaluable life experience. In the end, it's only for four years and if you want, you can always return to Philadelphia after you graduate.

Anyway, I can't wait to get back to Lauderdale for Christmas vacation.

Thanks Fenrezz! I love South Florida.... I've been down there probably six times in the past two years visiting my brother. You're right about the life experience - I think I need something like that.

Well, I have three weeks to make a decision.... I just hope I make the right one.

Trust your gut, take a chance, and just do it.... GO NOVA!

prosDOstud - are you definitely headed to Nova next year?

I just pm'd you... (95% Nova)

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find the list of residencies to which nova students matched last year (is it online?). I can't find it in any of the material they sent me.

Originally posted by kissacefan1978
I'm on the waitlist!

Just withdrew from the waitlist. Moving to the West Coast to be closer to my family in Hawaii.

Touring NOVA was awesome, though.

- TAe

Had to decline from NOVA today to stay closer to home in philly. It wasn't an easy decision though, NOVA was great!!!

abw - here's the web page for their match list:

http://medicine.nova.edu/academics/clinical/index.html

Hope it helps! I thought there were some pretty good matches all over the country, which my mom was all worried about. I showed her the list though, and she was pretty impressed.

Thanks so much, jd! I'm jealous that your mom knows all about rotations - my parents don't know anything about the whole med school thing (my mom was floored by the fact that i get to see a real dead person in anatomy). I sent in my deposit - so hopfully i'll see a bunch of y'all in august

abw - thats awesome! I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you in August!