1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Nova Alternate List...Anyone hear yet?????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by seneca, May 30, 2000.

1. seneca

seneca Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on the alternate list at nova has heard anything yet?? I was just wondering because I have been accepted to another school but Nova is my FIRST choice. I was hoping to hear something soon because I need to make living arrangements. IF anyone knows anything please advise. Thanks!!!! [​IMG]

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. qqqqqq

qqqqqq Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm still on the wait list. It doesn't look good. I have to sign a new lease before the 15th. You think if I just asked them point blank if I have a realistic chance of being pulled off they would say? The list must be ranked by now. Have you heard of anyone else being pulled off since the May 15th deposit deadline? I'm starting to get rattled.

4. siulrc

siulrc Member
    10+ Year Member

I know for a fact that Nova already started to call applicants from the alternate list. You may hear pretty soon from them. The important things is that NOva does not rank applicants in the alternate list. They just go back and evaluate the pool and accept the applicant that they want. So doesn't matter if you were placed in the alternate list in Feb or in Mar everybody has the same chance.
    keep posting

------------------
    siul

5. seneca

seneca Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Siulrc,

Has it been after the May 15th date that people have been pulled off? I have heard that some were pulled off in the very beginning of May because the class wasn't full yet but I don't know if people have been pulled off since the May 15th date. Any info would be very helpful! [​IMG] I plan on waiting for a few more weeks to see what happens.

qqqqq,

Have you gotten into any other schools? I hope you have another choice just in case. [​IMG] You could call to see how things are coming along it can't hurt you.

Well if anyone knows anything it would be a great help. Thanks for the posts and keep posting.

6. qqqqqq

qqqqqq Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes, as of right now I will be going to another school. But after visiting Nova I know that I'm going to really regret it if I don't get in. But if it doesn't work out, I'm just going to look at the application process as a crapshoot- no way we can control it. I could tell from the start that my interview wasn't going well. And a friend of mine with lower grades, no research, lesser college, and 5 pt lower mcat had another interview panel and cruised right in- go figure. So obviouly something about me rubbed them the wrong way. I guess every interviewer is looking for something intangible, which in this case I lacked.

[This message has been edited by qqqqqq (edited 05-31-2000).]

7. seneca

seneca Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

WEll I am glad you have another option. And I understand how you feel. My interview was terrible, at least that is how I felt that day. It was also my first interview! It seems that every school always has people in their class that probably shouldn't be there but all we can do is hope for the best in our circumstances. I REALLY hope both of us get our FIRST choice! I will keep you posted if I hear anything. [​IMG]

8. Boomer

Boomer Supreme Sooner Member
    15+ Year Member

I know of at least one Nova seat that should be opening this week.

Keep the faith.