nova and in state??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

priddygirl

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does Nova except mostly fl residents? i read a statistic somewhere saying they except about 80% in state?

Members don't see this ad.

That's what I heard, too. But I applied anyway, because I heard that it was an excellent school. App complete in November, and still haven't heard anything. I hope to get an interview there before I die of old age!

No..it's 50/50 in vs. out of state.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live about 15 mins from NSUCOM and I had a recent appointment with an admissions counselor there and she informed me that they accept very few if not any out of state applicants. Last year they only accepted 1.

um, last year I got an interview and declined because I was already accepted at my choice school. I am from mass, if they knew they weren't going to accept me because I wasn't from FL why would they have asked me for an interview??

Wow. So I'm the only non-Floridian they accepted last year?? That's pretty damn cool. Too bad I turned 'em down. I guess the entire class is from Florida. Wait a minute. What about RollTide????

Hmmm.....somethin' ain't stirrin' the kool aid.

Well, you know how Floridians are with numbers and counting and stuff....

[This message has been edited by Boomer (edited 03-10-2001).]

cyberjunk....you got bad numbers!! Call the director of admissions and they'll tell you themselves it's half from Florida, and half from out of state. On my interview, I personally met a lot of out of staters, so do some more investigating!! By the way, I'm going there this fall, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only out of stater accepted, since I've talked on line to about 6 or 7 others also out of state.

I also was accepted last year to NOVA and I am from Massachusetts. I chose to go to UNECOM instead to stay close to home. There is also another girl in my class that was accepted to Nova last year and was from Massachusetts as well. We started talking about it when school started and both of us got down to UNECOM and NOVA as our final two choices. So I am sure that NOVA accepts more than one because there at least 3 people from out of state in this forum. Also, when I interviewed last year there was only one person from Florida out of the ten of us. Hmmmppphhhh.....go figure....maybe only one person out of the state attended NOVA, but I would find that very hard to believe because I almost decided to go there. I think the 50/50 acceptance rate sounds right and maybe only 20 percent of the class that attends NOVA is from outside of Florida. That's my 2 cents.

What's up with Nova? Does anyone know how late that they will be interviewing? I'm a non-Floridian and my app was complete in November. I haven't heard one word from them. Should I call their office and see if they will tell me what's up? I'd like to interview there, and have heard that it is a great school. Advice, please.

of course you should call them muonwhiz..what have you been waiting on? They can tell you whether or not, or at least give you a good indication, if you'll be getting an interview and if your whole app is complete and has been looked at. Talk to Mary in the admissions office.

I am a Texas resident and was accepted to Nova last November, and a girl I interviewed with was from New York and she was also accepted. I think it is 50/50

Actually, you guys are right, I had my information confused with something else, but I do know that they are partial to FL residents. I still have a long way to go b4 I get there, so I'm sure that you guys have researched these matters a lot more than I have. Anybody have any advice for me?

Our class is about 60/40 in-state/out-of-state. We have students from around 25 different states in just our class. Someone is getting some poor info...

I am from Ga. and was accepted in December. (Hey Heather, I interviewed the same day you did.)

Have you heard anything yet. I interviewed on the 26th (Feb.)and am anxiously awaiting to hear from them. Hopefully this week. Good luck!

I interviewed in November..was accepted, and I am from New York...

Beautiful school..and many of my friends go there...

I chose COMP though..California here I come!!