NOVA dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zurix

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone... I was just curious if anyone is currently attending NOVA southeastern univ. dental school. I am set to go there in august and was wondering if I could get some pro's and con's about the school. So far I have heard good things about it academically but I would like first hand accounts. What kind of pissed me off though was the fact that they ran out of graduate housing so now I have to look for a place off campus. The only reason why this sucks for me is because NOVA is in florida....and I live in california...so its kind of difficult to do with the month and a half left or so before I go. If someone would kindly talk to me about this I would much appreciate it :)

thx
-zurix :p

Members don't see this ad.

I PMed (private messaged) you.

EXPENSIVE!!!! Plus they have Dr. Warren teaching operative. The man is a head case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nole:

I see that you're at UF, are you graduating this month? Good luck taking the Florida board. It would be cool if you would share some of your experiences once you've comnplete it?

Of course Nova is expensive compared to UF, you guys are public and we're private. When compared to other private dental schools across the country, Nova is actually on the cheaper end.

Dr. Warren is one of many operative faculty here at Nova, I personally do not think he's a "head case". Everyone likes him here, maybe it's UF that had made him a "head case"! :laugh:

It is expensive, but my brother, who just graduated with me, says the facilities are top notch. So your getting what you pay for.

As for Dr. Warren...I had him in sim-lab, and honestly, the man would go on for an hour and nobody knew what the hell he was talking about. He had this thing he called the "bio dance." Ask him about it. He would get up in front of the class and actually do this dance. Anyway, good luck, it sure is nice looking from the inside out.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a couple of suggestions on a good place to live while attending Nova. I am planning on flying down in early July and then finding an apartment to move into right away. I will have a car so I dont need to be right next to campus. I currently live in Seattle so I have no idea where to start looking, or where to avoid, any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Check out this web site for housing info:

http://www.och101.com/nova/

With this website, you're able to look for a roommate or an apartment!

Good luck!