Nova Financial Aid Award

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss Sushi

a little firecracker
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello NSU pharmers,

Just posting to give you all a heads up & let you know that my award posted to webstar this morning and here is the breakdown:

Fall 2006:
Federal Sub. Stafford Loan $4,250.00
Federal Unsub. Stafford $11,250.00

Winter 2007 is the same, I think everyone's award should be the same, or similar. Total award is $31k.

Good luck to everyone :luck: ... You might want to consider direct deposit w. Nova to speed up the funds to your bank account ;)

Members don't see this ad.

No Pell Grant? I thought the first year was considered Undergraduate.

Depends on if you did your bachelor's or just the prereqs- if you did under 4 yrs I think you still qualify for undergrad stuff... I finished my BS so no Pell Grant for me :(

longnguyen said:
No Pell Grant? I thought the first year was considered Undergraduate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Miss Sushi said:
Depends on if you did your bachelor's or just the prereqs- if you did under 4 yrs I think you still qualify for undergrad stuff... I finished my BS so no Pell Grant for me :(

I'm not going to get any pell grant for my P1 in August and I didn't finish my undergrad. How would I find out if I can still receive it?

Miss Sushi said:
Hello NSU pharmers,

Just posting to give you all a heads up & let you know that my award posted to webstar this morning and here is the breakdown:

Fall 2006:

Winter 2007 is the same, I think everyone's award should be the same, or similar. Total award is $31k.

Good luck to everyone :luck: ... You might want to consider direct deposit w. Nova to speed up the funds to your bank account ;)

thanks for new infor, Miss Sushi ...I'll check webstar tomorrow..yeah, i did get an BS...so my account should be like yrs...Finally, they update own accounts.... :)

I dont think Nova pharm students are considered undergrad students. Therefore I dont think we will get Pell grants regardless if you have done 4 years of undergrad or not.

ikbz is correct at Nova their program is Graduate level for all four years.

PMart

The financial aid counselor said that although pharm school is a grad program, you could still be considered undergrad on your FAFSA & financial aid forms, depending on how many credits you have earned before entering pharm school.

PMart said:
ikbz is correct at Nova their program is Graduate level for all four years.

PMart

Miss Sushi said:
Hello NSU pharmers,

Fall 2006:

How do you set that up? Also, did anyone waive Nova's Health Insurance? I'm still under my parents so I went through the website and waived it, got a confirmation that it was all set, and now when I check my webstar account it shows up that I'm being charged $847/semester for insurance. GRRRRR. Who do you think I should call to fix it? Anybody having a similar problem?

I can't believe we start soon... yay!

calrx said:
How do you set that up? Also, did anyone waive Nova's Health Insurance? I'm still under my parents so I went through the website and waived it, got a confirmation that it was all set, and now when I check my webstar account it shows up that I'm being charged $847/semester for insurance. GRRRRR. Who do you think I should call to fix it? Anybody having a similar problem?

I also waived the health insurance. I was also charged the $847... but since I did it on Saturday it didn't credit my account until today. So give it a few days after you complete the form.

MaybeCO2010 said:
I also waived the health insurance. I was also charged the $847... but since I did it on Saturday it didn't credit my account until today. So give it a few days after you complete the form.

I completed the form almost 3 weeks ago and received a confirmation email and everything but it is still posted on there. Hmmm. I just don't know who to call... the Bursar's Office?

calrx said:
I completed the form almost 3 weeks ago and received a confirmation email and everything but it is still posted on there. Hmmm. I just don't know who to call... the Bursar's Office?

Hey Calrx. I had the same problem then I made a few calls. Go to the Nova COP website and click on orientation information then click on NSU Student Health Insurance Requirements at the bottom of the form you will find this "Any questions regarding NSU Health Insurance should be directed to the Division of Clinical Operations, Ms. Marcela Pagano...." following with an email and phone number. Call her and she should take care of it.
PS. As with everything else with nova be persistent!

Thanks for all of your help!!:) I'm calling her this afternoon...

I didn't really set anything up, NSU did. I just filled out my FAFSA, registered, etc. I waived Nova's Health Insurance- it posted to my account 3 days later. Not sure who you should call to fix it, maybe try that person ikbz is recommending... My problem earlier was that they charged me out of state tuition and I'm a resident... :confused: got that cleared up rather fast!

calrx said:

Miss Sushi said:
I didn't really set anything up, NSU did. I just filled out my FAFSA, registered, etc. I waived Nova's Health Insurance- it posted to my account 3 days later. Not sure who you should call to fix it, maybe try that person ikbz is recommending... My problem earlier was that they charged me out of state tuition and I'm a resident... :confused: got that cleared up rather fast!

hey, i just wondering how much Nova charge you for resident??? I'm from Chicago, so the tuition alone for 1st semester is $10,645...Some states allow you (ex: students) to become its residents when you live there a certain time...I don't think that the case for FL, right?? so if you start with out-of-state, you'll remain that way, am I correct???

futurepharm.d.? said:
hey, i just wondering how much Nova charge you for resident??? I'm from Chicago, so the tuition alone for 1st semester is $10,645...Some states allow you (ex: students) to become its residents when you live there a certain time...I don't think that the case for FL, right?? so if you start with out-of-state, you'll remain that way, am I correct???

You're right. Us out-of-staters are out of luck. Whatever your residency status is when you fill out your supplemental application is the status you carry for the 4 years at Nova. It kinda stinks for me because my Mom and I bought a condo in Davie and after a year or two I still can't change my residency status. Oh well! Because Nova is a private university I don't think there is a huge difference in tuition for FL residents vs. non-residents.

futurepharm.d.? said:

The difference in tuition is a little over 3k.