Nova housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

novabound

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was just accepted off the nova alternate list. Very excited about moving to Florida. I was wondering if anyone out there had suggestions for housing? How is the grad housing, specifically Founders, Farquhar, CLC, and Vettel? Do most of the med students live in grad housing? If not, where do you live off-campus?
I am somewhat undecided about getting a roomate. I've spent grad school living solo and don't know if I could go back to roomates. What do you suggest? Also, is anyone out there aware of apartments that have singles available now? I realize this is really late for finding a place so I am expectig some difficulties. Are there any apartments that are furnished? I am driving in from the midwest and renting a uhaul to bring my furniture doesn't seem worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

Novabound,

Congrats on your acceptance! I will also be a first year student this year and I moved to Davie 2 weeks ago. To answer your questions, I do not think many of the medical students live in graduate housing but and I heard it was not a great option when I was considering it, but I think it is much cheaper. Alot of the HPD students seem to live in the two apartment complexes across the street from NSU-COM.

Cedar Key and Sunforest are both directly across the street from the HPD building, both are over $700 a month for 1BR apartments(this is why most have roomates). Both allow pets I think. I live in Sunforest, but if I had it to do over again, I think I would have went with Cedar Key. There are several other complexes close to campus, but with these two you could walk to class.

If you have any other questions or just want too get in touch with a future classmate,

[email protected]

BTW.. when I went up to the school last week,
Fern who works at the front desk was helping some students find roomates if you decide to get one.