1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Nova or Examkrackers?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DrCat, Dec 15, 2005.

1. DrCat

DrCat Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    which one is better for physics? and what about gen chem and biology? so far ive heard nova for physics and examkrackers for bio. any advice? thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dark knight

dark knight Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    NOVA for physics. The writer gives you an intuitive understanding of the subject. The problems might seem tedious, but if you do them ALL, they will hammer in the relationships and formulas. I highly recommend it.

4. Will Ferrell

Will Ferrell Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm a troll for Examkrackers so there is a little bias. I never saw or even heard about Nova up until now, but I doubt any prep company can beat Examkrackers. You'll get all you need in their books. I fell in love with those books and enjoyed my experience working with them. It'll get you real comfortable with ALL the sciences. Some people wouldn't trust them because it is so concise. However, there were a few required equations in Physics which they said weren't needed (just memorize them). Other than that, they covered everything I needed. I did very well on both science sections using almost entirely EK material. Go for it!

5. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I tried for 3 months to get the NOVA physics book and it never came through. If you want that book try to get it ASAP. Maybe the availability has changed but you may want to have a backup plan.