1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NOVA or NYU

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by arazi2000, Jun 11, 2002.

1. arazi2000

arazi2000 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey people, I just got into NYU and i was accepted to NOVA while back. Now it's decision time. Which one? Any suggestions? Please help.

2. StarGirl

StarGirl .....
    10+ Year Member

as always, you should pick the school that is best fited for you....
    there's no right or wrong answer....

3. Pi_Guy1

Pi_Guy1 Member
    7+ Year Member

ARazi:

I was actually in the same position. Same with Yah-E. Yah-E chose to go to Nova, I chose to go to NYU. You just have to decide what makes you happiest. You can't beat South Florida weather...a stress free environment. I just chose NYU b/c of its patient pool. I think that I'd graduate NYU knowing that I've seen everything. Then again, by the time we're 50, that won't matter anymore. By then, the competence level for everybody will be similar.

I also chose NYU b/c of its history. 2nd oldest dental school = large networking potential. I know tons of dentists in the Chicago area that are NYU alums. That means there is a common bond if you're trying to take over somebody's practice when that dentist is ready to retire.

Plus, most people know about NYU. #3 law school in the nation, awesome medical school. Granted there are some negatives, but study hard and you'll do fine anywhere. You can't lose with any of those schools. I actually am not really looking forward to living in NYC. I live in the heart of Chicago now so it's not really a city issue. Chicago's the perfect size for me, NYC just has too much going on right now. I think I'd get used to liking NYC, but I know I'd be happier right off the bat at Nova. Bottom line is I chose NYU for future potential. You gotta weigh what you want. South Florida or NYC. You can't lose. Good luck!