1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

NOVA peoples

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Goku, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Goku

Goku Member
    7+ Year Member

Is there anybody out there whose going to NOVA and gonna live in the dorms?? Im from chicago and i dont wanna deal with moving furniture and stuff so i thought dorming would be a little easier. I know that alot of people live in apartments but it seems a bit more of a hassle. let me know what you guys think.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I don't go to Nova...but I lived in Miami for a while, and currently have friends that are M1's and M2's there. Some live at home locally...some have apts reight across the street, and one actually lives in the dorm.
    My only caveat about the dorms is that your roomate(I am not sure if you can get a single)...isn't necessarily a fellow med student...which means different schedules...and more free time for them...
    My friend's roomate seemed to always be watching tv, playing the radio...etc. The dorm room was average size...she had a "Suite" style set-up..each with their own room, a coomon room, bathroom and kitchen area.
    It all depends what your "space", privacy and living needs are....I would opt for one of the complexes right across the street...for privacy and just having my "own" place...Med school is gonna be challenging enough...I wouldn't want to have any other "distractions" to contend with...

Just my .02...

Best of luck at Nova!

4. dojo

dojo Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Goku,
    I am attending Nova COM this Fall and am trying to decide on whether to stay in the on campus housing also. I am a 33 year old male presently sharing a nice apartment with a female in Deerfield but would rather not have to make the commute every day to Davie where Nova is located. I am concerned about being paired up with a non-osteopathic student also. Nothing could be worse than having a roomate partying the night before an exam. If you are interested just email me at [email protected] Since I allready live here near Nova, I should be able to answer any questions you might have.