NOVA SE acceptance vs Emory Alternate List???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItemN9ne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title reads, I've been accepted to Nova SE DPT program today as well as notified that I've been placed on the alternate list of Emory's DPT program. The problem is that I have to mail my deposit for my seat to Nova within the next two days or notify Emory that I accept the alternate list position. I guess what I'm asking is what my odds are of being pulled off the alternate list. They do not assign numbers to the alternates at Emory but my stats are listed below. Also I'm a Georgia native and have not been to Nova's campus to see the facilities or any of the faculty. Can anyone who is a current student or anyone who has gone there fill me in on ANY information. Thank you guys/gals... :thumbup:

Pre-Req GPA: 3.47
Overall GPA: 3.67

GRE: 1140 ( V: 420 // Q: 720 // AW: 3.5)

Shadowing/Experiences: College Baseball, Shadowed in high school (~150hrs), Shadowed in college (~50hrs)

Members don't see this ad.

If you really want to go to Emory, can you not put in your deposit (yes, I know it's probably not refundable) for Nova and also your alternate acceptance to Emory? That way you are covered just in case you don't make it off the list? I don't know, but that seems like what a lot of people do....

I would pay the 1000.. Better to have a "bird in hand". Why risk it and potentially have to wait another year? It sucks...But hey, whats another 1000 anyway... it's only a fraction of what you'll be spending/or have already spent.

What's another thousand... sounds like a good approach to life if you want to always be broke.