Nova south eastern university audiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yisel2118

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone accepted into NSU the Doctor of Audiology program fall 2012?? I applied to the program and I wanted to know my admission chances...
Here are my stats.
3.3 GPA
MAJOR Criminal Justice
Minor : Forensic Criminal Justice
I am taking the GRE in Dec. :confused:

Thank you guys, any help is greatly appreciated !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone accepted into NSU the Doctor of Audiology program fall 2012?? I applied to the program and I wanted to know my admission chances...
Here are my stats.
3.3 GPA
MAJOR Criminal Justice
Minor : Forensic Criminal Justice
I am taking the GRE in Dec. :confused:

Thank you guys, any help is greatly appreciated !!!

Hi yisel2118!

As I mentioned before in the other thread you posted in, it's impossible to determine one's changes solely based on grades. One person with a 3.3 could be accepted at all the top programs and another person with the same grades could be rejected everywhere he/she applies. Since Nova doesn't take GRE scores, it would be worthwhile to assume they place greater emphasis on letters of recommendations and statement of purpose.

That being said, you need to ask yourself this: Are your letters of rec from academic professionals that know you well and can speak to your potential in the academic and/or clinical setting? Can this individual speak to your character and motivation?

Is your statement of purpose well written and uniquely conveys your knowledge and dedication towards the field of audiology? Does your SOP convey what you, with your background-whether audiology related or not, can bring to the plate as a potential AuD student?

*Well written in the sense that you revised for errors and content, had someone other than yourself look over it etc.

Ideally, you should've done all of the above. If you have done all of the above, you can assume that you at least have a decent chance. Grades and GRE scores only matter so much. A poor SOP and/or LORs will be significantly more damaging than poor GRE/GPA (unless they are significantly below the averages for a program).

An ideal applicant should have great GREs, GPA, SOP and letters of rec. Relevant experience is nice as well but not required. However, if you are weak in ANY of the above areas (let's say GRE), you want to make sure the rest of the package is strong in order to be a competitive applicant.