Nova Southeastern (FL) Graduate Plagiarizes Doctoral Disseration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pmp85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Found this article in the New York Times and thought it was an interesting topic for discussion.

The current professor in question was found to have plagiarized her doctoral dissertation while attending Nova Southeastern University in Florida.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/14/e...2bfd73a117e989&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

What does everyone think of such an occurrence? Can administrators ever be 100% sure that a professor is who they claim to be?

I am in awe. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All,

Found this article in the New York Times and thought it was an interesting topic for discussion.

The current professor in question was found to have plagiarized her doctoral dissertation while attending Nova Southeastern University in Florida.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/14/e...2bfd73a117e989&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

What does everyone think of such an occurrence? Can administrators ever be 100% sure that a professor is who they claim to be?

I am in awe. :eek:

At least the third post on something similar in the last 9 months. All I've got to say is it's not the first and won't be the last. Either way it is stupid.

At least the third post on something similar in the last 9 months. All I've got to say is it's not the first and won't be the last. Either way it is stupid.

Seems to be getting more and more popular now-a-days. Personally, I don't think I could ever live with myself knowing that I was a fake. Ballsy.

The worst part about all of this...

It is PERFECTLY acceptable to copy someone else's written works... all you have to do is site it appropriately. Give credit where credit is due, and its not plagiarism. Its only illegal when you pass off information or ideas that do not belong to you as your own.

The biggest thing that is missing...

INTEGRITY

How to fix that one seems to be a mystery

~above~