Nova Southeastern University Clinical PsyD Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sferg87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new here and joined to see if I can quell my anxieties about my upcoming interview for the Clinical Psychology PsyD program at Nova Southeastern University.
My interview is on 2/16/15. I'm very familiar with the program, including its perks and limitations...
I'm just seeking some feedback regarding the interview process... What to expect, what type of questions will be asked, what type of questions I should ask, etc. Any and all information would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I will be there too! PM me if you would like to exchange numbers so we can meet up and stuff. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,
I'm new here and joined to see if I can quell my anxieties about my upcoming interview for the Clinical Psychology PsyD program at Nova Southeastern University.
My interview is on 2/16/15. I'm very familiar with the program, including its perks and limitations...
I'm just seeking some feedback regarding the interview process... What to expect, what type of questions will be asked, what type of questions I should ask, etc. Any and all information would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm fairly certain they've changed a bit since I went through. In general though, you'll have at least two individual interviews with faculty and probably a group interview/Q&A with a faculty member or two plus a group Q&A with current students. I'm helping out with an upcoming interview so I'll know more after this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

Thanks!

Hi SFerg87

I just joined to try and relieve my anxieties about my upcoming interview for the Clinical Psychology PsyD program at Nova Southeastern University like you did a few years ago. I’m hoping that you can provide some insight on how interview day went and answer a few questions of mine regarding POIs, questions I should ask regarding funding. Plz get back to me when you can the interview is 2/19/18 THANKSS

Hi SFerg87

I just joined to try and relieve my anxieties about my upcoming interview for the Clinical Psychology PsyD program at Nova Southeastern University like you did a few years ago. I’m hoping that you can provide some insight on how interview day went and answer a few questions of mine regarding POIs, questions I should ask regarding funding. Plz get back to me when you can the interview is 2/19/18 THANKSS
You're probably not going to get a response. That person posted only once on the day they registered here three years ago.

Regardless, you should ask how much funding there is, what the likelihood of getting the funding is, and how much of the >$125,000 in tuition costs alone end up actually being paid by the students.

Also, ask how much individual mentoring there is with cohorts >75.

https://psychology.nova.edu/graduate/clinical-psychology/psyd/clinpsydoutcomes.pdf

For reference, my cohort is 7 students.

Reactions: 1 users