Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to all who have been accepted! See you all in August :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In the Supplemental App for Nova, it asks for campus preference and while my main preference is the Puerto Rico campus, I wanted to ask between both the Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale campus which one would be better in terms of cost of living and professional opportunities?
I lived near Palm Beach Gardens for years before I moved south to attend the Davie campus, the cost of living in Palm Beach is insane!!!!! I had a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom for $1500/month and no utilities were included in that. The davie campus is way more cost effective than the PBG campus. Just some friendly advice :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Random question but what is everyone's plan for the iPad requirement? And for note taking?
First of all, where's my autograph? Secondly, I'm not so sure about this One Note business :lol:

Random question but what is everyone's plan for the iPad requirement? And for note taking?

I think I got that down....

The rumored iPad Air 3 + Surface Pro 4 + Skylake based Macbook Pro Retina 13" seems to be a good combo.

Some people are getting an iPad Pro or a Mini for the iPad requirement but I'd prefer the middle size.
As far as notetaking goes some people are using the good old pen/pencil + paper method while others are picking a Windows based tablet like the Surface Pro 4 or even a hybrid like the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga.

Microsoft OneNote is a great program to take and organize notes so keep that in mind if you are using a tablet or something that can run it.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, who would I call to check the status of my application or should I wait until they contact me for interview or rejection?

Hello Everyone, who would I call to check the status of my application or should I wait until they contact me for interview or rejection?
I called and they told me that they started to call for interview at late of january.

The admission office of NSU, called me last January 4, 2016 for an invitation for interview for January 14. I went to the interview and just yesterday they called me to tell me that I have been accepted in the pharmacy program for this fall 2016!!!!!! I'm sooo happy!!!!!:clap:Future Doctor of Pharmacy!!!!:soexcited:

Hey, everyone! Congratulations to all of you who already got in!

My interview for the PR Campus is this Thursday and I'm both nervous and excited.
What should I expect? :p
Hey!! Im also applying to PR campus! How was your interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

The admission office of NSU, called me last January 4, 2016 for an invitation for interview for January 14. I went to the interview and just yesterday they called me to tell me that I have been accepted in the pharmacy program for this fall 2016!!!!!! I'm sooo happy!!!!!:clap:Future Doctor of Pharmacy!!!!:soexcited:
Congratulations!!! Which campus will you be attending???

Has anyone received a call or email from nsu for an upcoming interview?

I submitted mine Dec 1st and got the call my application was received but nothing else either. Hopefully we hear back soon!
Hey!! Did you already receive an invite to the interview?

Hey!! Did you already receive an invite to the interview?

I got an email today with my prereq status. Says they'll email me about interviews later on. Ill let you know if they do. However, I got into my first choice so even if I'm offered interview I won't be going.

Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today with my prereq status. Says they'll email me about interviews later on. Ill let you know if they do. However, I got into my first choice so even if I'm offered interview I won't be going.

Good luck to you!
Nice!! Congrats!!! And thanks!!

Congrats to everyone!!

Last edited:
Congratz to everyone who got accepted! Just a few more months are you will start :D

Reactions: 1 users
My Pharmcas GPA was calculated yesterday and I already received an interview offer from Notre Dame, but I haven't heard anything from NOVA, which is my top choice. How long did it took from the momment they received your app to the momment they sent a interview invite?

My Pharmcas GPA was calculated yesterday and I already received an interview offer from Notre Dame, but I haven't heard anything from NOVA, which is my top choice. How long did it took from the momment they received your app to the momment they sent a interview invite?
I called Nova with the same question. They told me that it could take at least a month, but I have heard from people that recieved an invite in two weeks, and also from people that received it two months later. So, thats depend!

I called Nova with the same question. They told me that it could take at least a month, but I have heard from people that recieved an invite in two weeks, and also from people that received it two months later. So, thats depend!

This is kind of stressful, hopefully we both get a call before the month ends

Nice!! I am still waiting for the interview invite this is my third week waiting!! I received an email 2/3 saying that they received all my information!! :/

Nice!! I am still waiting for the interview invite this is my third week waiting!! I received an email 2/3 saying that they received all my information!! :/

Be patient. I finished my application in December so they took a little bit.

Hey!! Congrats!! When you submitted your application?

Thank you!
I summited the PharmCAS in October and the Supplemental Application in November.

Has anyone received any information about loan amounts?

Hi all,
I got interviewed in Dec, but i was required to submit supplemental transcript. I heard from Thomas the meeting was on Feb 26, but still waiting their feedback. I tried calling them many times but could not reach anyone. What should i do? Does anyone hear about the situation that candidate case maybe missed in the review committee?

Hi all,
I got interviewed in Dec, but i was required to submit supplemental transcript. I heard from Thomas the meeting was on Feb 26, but still waiting their feedback. I tried calling them many times but could not reach anyone. What should i do? Does anyone hear about the situation that candidate case maybe missed in the review committee?
Contact Jeffrey (he is in charge of admission). His email is [email protected], and his phone # is 954-262-1240. He is awesome and will most likely solve your problem :)

Contact Jeffrey (he is in charge of admission). His email is [email protected], and his phone # is 954-262-1240. He is awesome and will most likely solve your problem :)

Thanks for your reply Nejix. He just called me, and found down that my case we missed during committee review due to Thomas just left admission team. Any one has this experience before? Will the committee gather just for my case review? It's panic to me to know that. :-(

I have an upcoming interview with NOVA Puerto Rico this upcoming Tuesday, can anybody give me some tips about the question and the overall process?

I have an upcoming interview with NOVA Puerto Rico this upcoming Tuesday, can anybody give me some tips about the question and the overall process?

Hey, so I interviewed 3 weeks ago and got admitted yesterday in Nova-Puerto Rico.

The whole thing takes around 30-45 minutes. First, you're going to meet with the admissions coordinator who is going to talk to you about the program and scholarships briefly. Then you will be interviewed by two professors. They will ask you basic interview questions like why pharmacy, what do you think is the role of the pharmacist and so on. They are also going to look at your portfolio and ask you questions about your work, research, clubs etc. In general, it was the best interview experience I had after interviewing in 3 pharmacy schools. Just be yourself and as stay relaxed as possible.

Hey, so I interviewed 3 weeks ago and got admitted yesterday in Nova-Puerto Rico.

The whole thing takes around 30-45 minutes. First, you're going to meet with the admissions coordinator who is going to talk to you about the program and scholarships briefly. Then you will be interviewed by two professors. They will ask you basic interview questions like why pharmacy, what do you think is the role of the pharmacist and so on. They are also going to look at your portfolio and ask you questions about your work, research, clubs etc. In general, it was the best interview experience I had after interviewing in 3 pharmacy schools. Just be yourself and as stay relaxed as possible.
Thank you! Your reply was very useful! I felt I did a great job! Now, from the interview date, how much do they take to notify the admission or denied decision?

Thank you! Your reply was very useful! I felt I did a great job! Now, from the interview date, how much do they take to notify the admission or denied decision?

2-3 weeks for me.

Congrats Class of 2020! I just wanted to introduce myself.. My name is Eleisha and I am current P1 student at NOVA. If you have any questions just reach out to me here or on the Facebook group, a lot of our students love to answer any questions you may have. I will be our next President Elect of our College and look forward to seeing you all in the Fall! ;) ENJOY YOUR SUMMER (seriously) lol.

Congrats Class of 2020! I just wanted to introduce myself.. My name is Eleisha and I am current P1 student at NOVA. If you have any questions just reach out to me here or on the Facebook group, a lot of our students love to answer any questions you may have. I will be our next President Elect of our College and look forward to seeing you all in the Fall! ;) ENJOY YOUR SUMMER (seriously) lol.
Hiiii Eleisha :D

Has anybody heard from NOVA yet?
I had my interview on 10/7 and have not heard from them since...
Does anyone know what CGPA and SGPA and PCAT needed for Nova pharmacy school.