1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy Class 2023

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Yordy, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Yordy

Hello eveyone!!!
    I’m creating this thread for those interested in applying to NSU for Fall 2019 admission. Good luck to all applying.
    I applied for early admission, and NSU sent me an email leting me know that they received my application from pharmcas and the next step is to complete the supplemental application which I already did. I received a phone call from them too just to verified my application, so let’s see. By the way, I have not complete my PCAT yet I have it on October 31st.

Good luck again!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JeremyEsp

Hey Yordy! I applied to NSU early decision as well and got accepted for the fall 19 cycle. They will most likely wait to get your preliminary pcat scores before they contact you again. Best of luck! And see you next fall hopefully!

4. Yordy

Oh nice Jeremy, Congratulations!!!!! I hope see you too, I will let you know how it’s going and yes they told me the same thing that once they get my preliminary scores they will contact me. If you don’t mind can I ask you what was your pcat scores? And what study guide you used, as I said I have my Pcat on October 31st and I’m nervous. Thank you!!

5. JeremyEsp

You'll be just fine! I used Dr. Collins material mostly... What also helped were the 3 Pearson practice tests, some suggest using Kaplan but Kaplan will over prepare you because the material is easier than that. Dr collins helped big time, a lot of the questions are right from the book. I still have all my packets if you want them I can sell them to you. I got an 85 composite on my pcat. Don't be nervous! Good luck

Yordy likes this.
  6. Yordy

Oh ok thank you very much for sharing Jeremy. I’m studying by Dr. Collins too, I have the 2018 version. I also bough the 3 pearson practice tests but I haven’t done it yet I will start it next week. Do you think that for Bio and Chm Dr. Collins is enough? Thank you again for your advice!!!

Attached Files:

7. jjcayce123

Pharmacist
    save your money any stay at an instate school. NOVA is and always should be a backup. Its a crap joke of a school

8. JeremyEsp

Yes that's more than enough you will be just fine! Study well!

Yordy likes this.
  9. Yordy

I will, thank you :)

JeremyEsp likes this.
  10. Yordy

Hey Jeremy how are you? I’m sorry to bother you again. Let me ask you something do you think that Dr, Collins study guide is enough or it’s too superficial? Also when did you take the pcat? Thank you

11. JeremyEsp

Hey Dr Collins is more than enough, people say his team has the insight to the pcat... Literally some of the questions from his packet is on there. I took the pcat July 11th

Yordy likes this.
  12. Yordy

Ok I feel better now, and for the bio and chm passages do you always read the questions first before reading the actual passage.

13. JeremyEsp

Yeah, just do that and you'll be good. There are questions you can answer without reading the passage but it's best to skim through

Yordy likes this.
  14. Yordy

Peefect, thank you so much for your advice.

15. Pharm_K1015

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I applied regular admissions to NOVA for Fall 2019! I just completed my supplemental application on Tuesday

Yordy likes this.
  16. Yordy

Nice, good luck!!! I’m waiting for an interview. We will be fine!!!

17. Pharm_K1015

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Good luck! :)

Yordy likes this.
  18. JeremyEsp

Good luck guys! Let me know!

Yordy likes this.
  19. Yordy

Hello guys,
    I have my interview scheduled by the end of November, I received my invitation today. I’m very excited and nervous. Any advice, please??? How did you guys preprare for this interview? What questions should I review? Do you have any guide?
    Thank you.

#18 Yordy, Nov 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 7:14 PM
  20. JeremyEsp

Congratulations!!! Just go in there and be yourself. You will be interviewed by 2 faculty members... They do a good job of making it a nice and easy environment. Interview is only about 20 minutes long then you take a tour of the campus. You'll be fine!! Don't stress don't worry. Just have $1,000 ready to hold your seat when you get that acceptance ;)

Yordy likes this.
  21. Yordy

Thank you. Oh wow $1000? Thanks for inform me, hahaha. Another question, did you get their response of acceptance the same day? Do the faculty member know your grades or Pcat score, or they see it after the interview?

22. JeremyEsp

All the faculty members see is your personal statement. There is a seperate person you meet with that specifically goes over your grades. You will find out your acceptance status in about 2 weeks!

Yordy likes this.
  23. Pharm_K1015

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Does anyone know when Nova usually starts interviewing regular admission?

24. JeremyEsp

They've started since October 3rd

25. Yordy

Oh ok and that person who goes over my grades will ask me questions about a low grade or somethig like that? I know a person who was accepted with a pcat score of 20 and a science GPA of 3.1 but I still nervous since this is my dream. Thank you for all the information and advice.

26. JeremyEsp

yes that person will ask what you used to study for pcat and also if you had any low grades why you got them. You will be fine as long as your pcat is >55. Don't worry, my academics weren't the greatest and I got in! The interview is all about personality :)

Yordy likes this.
  27. Yordy

Thank you very much for all the info and help. :) I will let you know how it goes.