pharmschool09

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Has anyone received an acceptance letter or an e-mail informing you of their decision for those who had interviews in late November?

WhiteSnows

Think Right and Grow Rich
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Next to the Ocean
Status
Pharmacist
I have received acceptance letter already. I interviewed on Oct 22. I received the letter on Nov 14. The letter was sent on Nov 13.

I know that the falcuties will meet at the end of every month to make a decision.

They will not send you email to confirm the decision. So that, you have to wait.

pharmschool09

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Thank you. I had an interview last Monday. I live in Orlando and I'm attending UCF (university of central Florida). So I thought I that I would hear within the week. I'm just really nervous and excited at the same time. I guess I'll wait until after Thanksgiving. Did you apply to UF? If so, did you hear anything from them as yet?

About the Ads

WhiteSnows

Think Right and Grow Rich
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Next to the Ocean
Status
Pharmacist
I do not apply to UF. I like Nova a lot of reasons. The school and students are very friendly. They seem to be a laid back school. Professors are young and enthusiastic. Besides, Nova has a very high passing NAPLEX rate.

cdpiano27

15+ Year Member
May 24, 2005
Status
Also, 5minutes is international student. So if he applied to UF, he would be considered "out-of-state", and UF only admits around 10 people total out-of-state. The out-of-state tuition at UF is even more than many private schools due to the very big out-of-state differential there. With only an 80 PCAT, although good enough for instate, would get turned down as an out-of-state applicant, even with a correspoding high science GPA. Out-of-state applicants need at least a 90 and above, as well as 3.8-4.0 science GPA (UF only looks at science GPA). Without both, you are not getting in as an out-of-state applicant to UF pharmacy school.

About the Ads