Nova Southeastern University (IS) vs. Temple (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmd2beeee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
NSU
* IS

Pros:
  • Close to family/friends
  • Weather
Cons:
  • More expensive tuition
  • Have lived in florida my entire life

TEMPLE
* OOS

Pros:
  • New experience/ get to live in a city
  • Great clinical experience
Cons:
  • School located in unsafe area
  • Weather

Summary: I have lived in Florida my entire life and have always wanted to leave and live in a city. However, NSU would be the more comfortable choice as I am already familiar with the area and my family and friends are close. I am concerned about the safety in the area surrounding Temple but I am drawn there because of the abundance of clinical experience and the ability to live in a city, experience something new, and escape my comfort zone.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually lived in Philly (completed undergrad at Drexel) and I am attending NSU for grad school.

Temple is in North Philly and can be dangerous - especially if you don’t know where to go. However, the school and student body ensures that you are provided with the information needed to know what areas to avoid. Thankfully, you can just hop on the trains and hit center city in 10-15 minutes to go explore the beautiful city. Temple is a great school and the city provides an abundance of opportunities to gain clinical experience as well as things to do.

As far as the weather, it does get pretty cold up here lol. But if you dress right (e.g., coat, gloves, hat, scarf), you should be ok. Also, you get the experience of all the seasons. And when it snows, it’s just beautiful 🥰 in the summer, it can get very hot - especially in the city. Something that I love about the north compared to Florida - less humidity 😍 lol.

NSU is nice and beautiful and would also be a great school to attend. I love NSU and think it’s a wonderful school.

Overall, you wouldn’t be making a bad choice with either school. NSU was out of my comfort zone since most of my family is in PA but moving out of my comfort zone was a great experience for me. 🥰