General Admissions & OTCAS Nova southeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTdream09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Nova southeastern in Florida has filled all their spots? I know they have rolling admission but their deadline isn't until February. I just submitted my application at the beginning of the month for their Master's program.

Members don't see this ad.

I read in another thread that some people who already interviewed have been told they are "hold" candidates. From what I gather, this is in an effort to continue processing applicants and not fill all of their seats before the deadline. I applied for their OTD program in November but was told I needed to turn in a signature form at the end of December. Hopefully, we'll both be invited for interviews soon!

I just found out that I will be interviewing at nova next week! I'm so excited... Does anyone have any tips for the interview and do they ask for a writing sample?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I just interviewed with them today via Skype! You will talk to two professors. It is a lot less awkward than you'd imagine an online interview to go. They ask a lot of basic questions - why NSU? why OT? what is OT? weaknesses? working with others? cultural challenge you've experienced? obstacles overcome? Be sure to ask them some questions too. It was very conversational. Also, they will ask for a writing sample at the end. They will give you their e-mail addresses, 4 questions to choose from, and 10 minutes to answer one of them. They will keep you on Skype and tell you when your time's up. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I felt good about it but also don't want to jinx anything. Overall, I am very impressed with the school and even more excited than before about pursuing a career in OT. Good luck in your interview!

I just found out that I will be interviewing at nova next week! I'm so excited... Does anyone have any tips for the interview and do they ask for a writing sample?

OTdream09, how did your interview go? Hope my list of questions was helpful :)

Hello! I am still a hold candidate for Nova...aka I am still stuck in purgatory! Anyone know the likelihood of acceptance as a hold candidate? So confused as to how they work. I'm also applying to Florida International Univ.

Wow thanks for the helpful feedback FutureOT11! I actually interview Friday in person. Now I'm just nervous about that writing sample... As long as there are easy topics I think I'll be okay. Did they ask any questions about current topics or news in the field? And OThopeful504, I'm not sure about the hold list. Seems a little cruel but hopefully you find out soon and maybe we will all be fellow students together!

Wow thanks for the helpful feedback FutureOT11! I actually interview Friday in person. Now I'm just nervous about that writing sample... As long as there are easy topics I think I'll be okay. Did they ask any questions about current topics or news in the field? And OThopeful504, I'm not sure about the hold list. Seems a little cruel but hopefully you find out soon and maybe we will all be fellow students together!

Sorry I'm just now replying - I am sure you did well at your interview yesterday. The professors really put me at ease, even via Skype. Yesterday, I was accepted into NOVA's OTD program!!! So happy and still can't believe this is real life. I am still moving forward with other schools just to see what happens, but who knows? Maybe we'll end up in classes together!

Sorry I'm just now replying - I am sure you did well at your interview yesterday. The professors really put me at ease, even via Skype. Yesterday, I was accepted into NOVA's OTD program!!! So happy and still can't believe this is real life. I am still moving forward with other schools just to see what happens, but who knows? Maybe we'll end up in classes together!
Did you end up going to Nova, or did you pick another school?

Hi! Yes I am currently in the program :)

Hi! So you are attending Nova right now? Do you mind sharing your stats? I will be applying to Nova for next year. I am from PA, living in FL for a couple years might be fun! :)

I have been invited to interview this month for the OTD program. I think I will choose to interview via Skype because of the cost involved. Do you think this will reflect badly? I am considering requesting a different date and making the trip to Tampa. Has anyone chosen Skype? How did it go?

Do you know if there were a lot of hold candidates that were accepted? Also do you remember when you found out?!